Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby rublev » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 pm

This wet-look Pelican Puppet is designed with shiny plush fabric for a realistic appearance. Attached, is a silver metallic fish which can be swallowed and pulled into the gullet by the puppeteer.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:24 pm

I envy people who can keep their room clean. I wish I could have a sweet minimalist room, but the random clothes on the floor and random items strewn around are kind of comforting. Might just be lazy.

@nevergreen, I meant that even if I had a minimalist room I couldn't keep it clean enough to appear minimalist. There would still be clothes and shoes everywhere.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.
http://idreamoftheapocalypse.tumblr.com/
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:43 pm

My car was totalled but thankfully my Insurance is giving us basically what we payed for it, so I can pretty much just buy the same model of car again, maybe even one with less miles. To be honest the biggest thing I'll miss is the really nice vibrant red color my old car had, most cheapish cars are in some boring grey or white color.

Bonobonobo

Postby freddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Winter is here and I haven't taken the ac out of my window and it ain't even stuck out my window!!

freddy

Postby starfox64 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 am

@odradek is this your car???

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby rublev » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

does anyone know a good website builder thing to host lots of images on one page long scroll. preferably something very simple but with reasonable control over the size / scale / placement of the images etc. i’m kinda bored of cargo and can’t find templates i like (and i’m terrible is html or whatever). i don’t mind paying something small if it works well.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 pm

You guys are going to shit when and stappard reveal our new clapham based web series "the pengest brunch"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wolflarsen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Unsheathed my Tarot deck from its Hermes pocket square and loro piana bag (I know) for the first time in probably a month. Celtic cross spread.

It was easily the most accurate depiction of my life at the moment (think The Tower, Three of Swords, Seven of Swords, etc in past/fears/what's hurting me slots) and also still so encouraging about what I'm currently doing (recovery) and what the outcome is (triumph and reward baby!). Witchiness is the best.

wolflarsen

Postby rublev » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 pm

@Iliam yeah i've seen catherine. a lot of the same faces and aesthetic etc? and dean fleischer camp. catherine seemed like banality for the sake of it (fine). kinda feels like david has the weirdness a lot of people wanted catherine to eventually have. i liked it. the baths music is fun even if the whole thing ends up feeling like twin peaks.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sunblam » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:19 am

I have a thought/query but I'm not sure if it deserves an entire thread of it's own so maybe we can talk here.

Are there any trends that took a particularly long time for you to warm up to?
I found myself looking at turtle necks the other day and realized that two years of hatin' was probably enough. I think that there are probably some styles where there are just bad associations--turtle necks remind me of my brother when he was eight, and for years they've come across as sort of dorky to me, probably because of that. Now there's this sort of schism in my head of "wow art chic" and "hey wanna play legos" and I'm not saying that either of those are a bad thing, but they are sort of contrasting, at least.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:45 pm

There are a lot of people with fish avatars on care-tags.org

edit: you can't silence me

Bonobonobo

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:43 am

who here has been in a physical fight where serious danger was present? what happened? what were your thoughts during and afterwards?

was in one about 2 weeks ago, it was probably the first fight where I was actually in danger and not just having some sort of tussle with friends. A bunch of random guys started picking a fight with my friend and me and I told one of them to back off and one of them decided to throw the first punch while his buddy grabbed my arm to try and stop me from hitting back (though I did manage to punch him right in the nose). I ended up getting punched in the face about 6 or 7 times by both of them- once in the jaw in a really bad way that has effected my eating, I've had trouble chewing since and for the first week afterwards could only eat soup and could not open my mouth much at all. Was left with 2 black eyes as well as bruises on my cheek and forehead.

After I took all those hits to the face I went down to the ground and it turned in to a big brawl between my friends and this group of guys (About 6 of them) that we didn't really know, who showed up to the party uninvited (they were just brought along by some girl) and decided to start a fight because they think they are gangsters (one was a drug dealer, another was fresh out of jail, they have a history of doing this sort of thing). They ended up trashing the house, breaking the TV and Stove and stealing $600 cash from the house owner as well.

It didn't really occur to me until last week how big of an effect being able to properly eat food has on your psyche. I still have intense pain in my jaw whenever I chew or open my mouth (nasty grinding noise as well, when my mouth is closing) but I can at least eat solid foods now.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby adiabatic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I avoided going to the gym earlier because I was gassy and loud.

Now I don't want to go anymore :|

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:46 pm

yes, all violence is absolutely horrible. couple of weeks ago i was walking down a local street as it was getting dark. i'd been recovering from an operation and had just picked up my medication. a motor scooter with learner plates came towards me, veering all over the road; it passed very close to me - too close- and i said something aloud along the lines of 'fucks sake man' and kept walking, then decided to stop in at a bookstore (the guy who sometimes stays at kanye west's house in LA, if anyone remembers that anecdote).
as i was talking to this bookseller i suddenly saw his face register alarm. the scooter driver had followed me in, full helmet and overalls, and was bearing right down on me as i turned. i used to box a little at middleweight and have sparred with ranked amateurs, would generally think i could put up some kind of defense in this situation but the guy was huge, genuinely like a young mike tyson, it would've been pointless me even trying.strangely i felt no fear and didn't even register pain as he headbutted me in the face; i mustve instinctively ducked my head so took the impact on my forehead (very fortunate, my nose would've been shattered).
thankfully at this point the bookseller guy made an attempt to intervene- at least he came out from behind the counter and said 'hey dont do that' or something. i think this brought the attacker back to some kind of sense- he'd been boiling with pure rage- when he realised there was an 'active' witness, there might be cameras etc. he turned around and walked out.
at the time i was curiously detached, just carried on paying for my book. i remember noticing the bookseller's hand tremble as he handed me the receipt.
it's hard not to replay all the different scenarios: if he'd caught up with me on the street, in the dark, im sure he would've hurt me badly. it was very lucky that conor the bookseller had it in him to get involved, i dont think many people would have. if i'd gone into the coffee shop next door, no way the kids there would've said anything for example.
i think the whole detachment aspect is interesting too, and i've noticed it at other similar moments in my life: in those instants you are simply present to the situation, your whole being is focused and you don't have any extraneous sensory data or emotions. that all floods in afterwards.

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby nevergreen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:01 am

Just got home from getting my knee surgery earlier! It went well which I'm grateful for. Getting knocked out from the anesthesia was the best sleep I've had in years haha plus apparently I recovered super well since I was lucid as soon as I woke up. Now the real recovery process begins, thanks to the holes drilled blood is flowing over the knee and fibrocartilage will start to grow. I fuckin love modern medicine. Unfortunately I can't put any weight on my knee at all for 4 weeks. Gonna be a super boring winter break but it's be super worth it of course.

Pics inside my knee (they're not bad imo but if you're really squeamish heads up):
Spoiler:
For these the doctor was probing around my knee to really get a good look at everything going on. That feathery looking shit in the 4th pic is was my cartilage.

The 6th picture is my bare knee after debridement. After that is the actual drilling taking place, about 2-3mm deep (the tool is 5mm in diameter). There are five holes. The last pic they stopped using suction so that the blood could actually flow over.

nevergreen

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 am

does anyone genuinely like las vegas*? i just got back from a conference, and egh.

*when i say las vegas i refer to the specific hospitality industry there

/// ig /// me
fun_yunchables

Postby freddy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Went to three different poker home games this past week with a lot of different Gs, small gs, and OGs. I forgot how fun it is to talk slang/Ebonics.

freddy

Postby Luud » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:51 am

Just saw one of my outfits posted to fa. Anything I can do about that?

Luud

Postby Spaceman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:36 am

I've started to keep a journal. Just a small notebook with whatever crosses my mind. Kind of feels good/cool. I hope I stick with it, I typically don't write for pleasure.

Spaceman

Postby costanza » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 pm

If you look closely at water draining from a kitchen sink you can see the refraction disappear with the water. It's like the water is zoomed out. I just noticed it.

costanza

Postby radicalbusiness » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

did karaoke for the first time ever last night at a classic spot called 'Bush Gardens' here in seattle with a group of friends. seriously SO FUN! realized the only songs I felt ok trying were all 90's R&B with female vocalists lol. ended up going with 'sweetest taboo' by Sade.

radicalbusiness

Postby rjbman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:50 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rublev » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:09 pm

photos of ice fishing on the ishim river, one of the coldest places on earth, by aleksey kondratyev

For generations, Kazakh fishers have set out on to the frozen Ishim River in the hope of catching fish beneath the ice.

The Ishim flows through the country’s capital, Astana, a high-rise, futuristic city that was built essentially from scratch in the 1990s, when Kazakhstan started to benefit from the exploitation of its oil reserves. It’s supposed to be an emblem of post-Soviet modernity, a hallmark of the country’s nationhood. But not everyone there has profited equally.

Many of these fishermen venture on to the ice in order to feed themselves and their families, braving temperatures that often reach -40 degrees (north-central Kazakhstan is the second-coldest populated region in the world, after Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia).

While they fish, they protect themselves from the harsh weather with salvaged pieces of plastic, patched together from discarded trash or rice bags that you can find outside markets selling western, Chinese and Russian goods. I first saw them when I was travelling through central Asia, working on another photographic project; they were like inadvertent sculptures on the ice.

Kazakhstan was once a nomadic country, and some vestiges of that way of life still exist. These ice fishers improvise and adapt to their environment in ingenious ways, just as their forebears did.

happy Julkopf, everyone

rublev
Political Editor

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:25 am

happy Hanukkah care-tags!! :^)

harmsalmon

Postby adiabatic » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:24 am

Happy Hanukkah!

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adiabatic » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:25 am

Mer‌ry Christ‌ma‌s!

adiabatic

Postby nevergreen » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:14 am

merry chrysler

nevergreen

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 am

been itching to start a "pictures of authors" thread where you can only post if you have a picture of an author as your avatar

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:23 pm

furnace shit itself

damn it's cold

this post was last edited: today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my old signature only had 85000 views
ramdomthought

Postby nevergreen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:36 pm

george michael now carrie fisher what the hell who else is 2016 gonna take with it

Last edited by nevergreen on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevergreen

PreviousNext

Return to Care