Post by Julio »

rjbman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 am "ok so it's called care-tags..."
"yeah, everyone's really nice and we all post our outfits (sometimes)..."
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: THEORY of fitpics

Post by bels »

There are many things you can turn to your partner for. Taking fit pics need not be one of them.

Practice self sufficiency. Find a place to prop your phone. Or get a double sided suction cup and stick your phone to a mirror or a window.
brücke

Post by brücke »

if the partner is integrated into the fitpic itself, such as by way of a mirror or similar contrivance, who would then be the subject ? the piccer, or the one first picced ?
<<Mein Arm!>> sagt Dart. <<Der Computer hat mein Arm gestohlen!>>
walks

Post by walks »

brücke wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 pm if the partner is integrated into the fitpic itself, such as by way of a mirror or similar contrivance, who would then be the subject ? the piccer, or the one first picced ?
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

you are all right. my revised initiative is: how do i convince my partner to let me take fit pics of them and upload them to care dash tags
dislikes: the bachelor
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

This is a sophisticated construction
alby

Post by alby »

why are mirrors so expensive
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

why buy mirrors when you can buy smart mirrors (camera tripods)
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

why buy smart mirrors when you can post brandlists
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
edmund

Post by edmund »

i'm for any and all experimentation with fit pics because i find the classic, archetypal fit pic as we understand it to be sterile and devoid of context. obviously you really don't need that much backstory to evaluate a person's fit, but said fit is a part of a much broader story beyond jacket+midlayer+tee+pants+shoes shot on iphone/DSLR in a bedroom or backyard. what are you doing that day? is it just a casual lazy-day fit or are you trying to impress? how do you hope your fit will alter or perhaps improve your experience during the day you're wearing it?

i can only speak for myself, but any outfit that i consider to be "fit pic worthy" involves a certain degree of conscious thought that i don't generally exert on a day-to-day basis. that's not to say that my everyday fits aren't good – just in my own evaluation not interesting or novel enough to warrant posting a picture of. if you're breaking out the junya/thom/archive maharishi/rick outfit on a tuesday morning when you have 45 minutes to shower and commute to work, i'm in awe of your commitment to the game but couldn't be me

i appreciate any gesture or detail(s) in a fit pic that demonstrates an awareness of the intrinsic nature of WAYT – fun to share and see others' fits, but still a fairly silly and frivolous act. i also agree with any and all criticism of brand lists, but to my points above i kinda like them because it gives me an insight into the poster's consumption habits – archetypes including the thrift god, the y!jp lurker, the DIY creatives, etc.

common fit pic elements that are crowd pleasers not mentioned before in this thread:
  • interesting or quirky locations (ex: cam's bathtub)
  • action shots
  • artful picture-in-picture detail shots
  • SMILING
next-level fit pic maneuvers i'd like to see more of:
  • pics shot on film
  • "celeb/paparazzi-style" shots (taken on a zoom lens from across the street with subject walking obliviously yet looking vaguely annoyed)
tinman

Post by tinman »

edmund wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:28 am
celeb/paparazzi-style" shots (taken on a zoom lens from across the street with subject walking obliviously yet looking vaguely annoyed)
putting on a hyper-realistic Timothée Chalamet mask and calling the paparazzi on myself to get free Getty-images fit pics