Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
Calm-Lychee4112

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by Calm-Lychee4112 »

Does anyone know who makes (or even how to describe) a waterproof, detachable hood (ideally also covering the collarbone and possibly shoulders)? I have a waterproof jacket that I like, but it doesn’t have a hood.

Surely this exists… all I can find on eBay are fleece balaclavas. Is there a military thing that I should be searching for? I think I remember an engineered garments version (possibly not waterproof) but I don’t want to pay top dollar for, like, 10% of a garment.

Thanks in advance (love)

edit:

Thanks for the responses (I wanna move to the Pacific Northwest now). fruitful eBay searches included ‘waterproof snood’ and the delightful ‘rain bonnet.’

edmund

Post by edmund »

i was legitimately surprised to learn they still sell y-3 qasas... they feel like an artifact from a bygone era
brücke

Post by brücke »

i used to cut all the collars off my t shirts like literally why
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

We were all going through it.

Some of us still are.
yourdad

Post by yourdad »

Getting to the point in my life where casual suits/jackets are re-entering my life. I just bought an EG Bedford from FW12 that I'd missed out on when it originally came out
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

yourdad wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:53 pm Getting to the point in my life where casual suits/jackets are re-entering my life. I just bought an EG Bedford from FW12 that I'd missed out on when it originally came out
I'm in kind of the inflection-point position of the same casual-overdressed rollercoaster. I feel best in the summertime wearing business casual shirting to work. I can't own as many tees as I do.

My winter dress has gotten massively more casual since 2021/22, somewhat unfortunately but kind of as a natural consequence of my job.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

shirting is so good. Collars.....
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

I guess goretex in my balls (no vis)
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

Goretex = Moresex

I want my money back
Gleeks

Post by Gleeks »

Growing older and more secure in myself I’ve stopped caring about my clothes and how I looked, but now I want to express my ~*~~*identity*~~*~ (or smthing vague like that) through my fits. I’ve given away 90% of my “cool” garms (which I regret because they definitely all got flipped by goodwill resellers). I feel like I’m in a weird place with fashion, I want to do more, but I don’t want to get back on the hype trend treadmill (could I even be trendy at this point? I think my “ideal” wardrobe would just be a 2012 EG lookbook). Like I really just want to enjoy my clothes and how I dress more than anything.

I feel like I never really did that or developed my own personal style or anything. Consequences of growing up on fashion forums 🤷🏻‍♂️

How do I enjoy this thing without falling into consumerism and hollow grail chasing??? I don’t think that copping a grail has ever made me truly happier? IDEK
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Copping a grail does actually make you happier if you keep it for 5 years.

But welcome to middle age, actually far harder to dress for than youth.

IMO get on the 2nd hand sites and buy all the 2012 EG you can find
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

i find copping grails can be satisfying, but it can also be "nice, now i've got this and i will only sometimes wear it because wow i don't really always dress like this anymore" or something, i don't know

i find that what's worked best for me so far is looking back at brands i used to obsess over when i was happiest with nerding out about clothing, and trying a piece or two out from them—in my case, older nonnative has generally given me the most joy. sometimes i might purchase something outdoors-related if i'm going for a short hike or have a backpacking trip, but i also have a collector-inclined mindset which is... unnecessary sometimes, really.

it's always a journey, some things are hits and others are misses: i think the goal is to find when something always hits and you're purchasing a reasonable amount. secondhand shopping and such can really be such a slippery slope when everything is so much cheaper
edmund

Post by edmund »

wondering if we need a buyer's guide thread like we had on care-tags 1.0... at a point where i feel like i'd get a lot out of talking about recommendations and shopping lists from a utilitarian perspective rather than just talking about clothes in a more abstract way
edmund

Post by edmund »

highlights from every supreme season for the past 5 years:

- 1 obnoxious novelty item
- 1 actually cool novelty item
- 3 ugly overembellished jackets that are the hero styles in the lookbook for some reason
- 1 or 2 understated pieces that are an absolute necessity
- 1 cool jersey (football or soccer)
- 1 all-over print from a cool artist
- work pants in 8 colors
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

ok but frazetta shit... tempting
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
foxtail_grass
First Prestige