2021 vibes

clothes
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: 2021 vibes

Post by foxtail_grass »

I just wanna look more evil. And avoid looking costume-y.
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Honestly I'm struggling a bit to find any inspiration. I guess I'm just gonna wear what I have. Waiting for the inevitable itch to make some sort of dramatic capsule (ex. Mysterious Motorbike Deliverywoman; Executive Bitch CEO, etc)
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

drainpipe jeans

like, beyond skinny, genuinely uncomfortable looking proto femme boy jeans with high stretch content

that's a look
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

fanny packs

matching your shoes to your belt - but only if both have the vans checkers pattern

buying one nice garment < buying 15 band shirts with the same $
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

Jordans
I will never put my sword down
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

maj wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:03 pm drainpipe jeans

like, beyond skinny, genuinely uncomfortable looking proto femme boy jeans with high stretch content

that's a look
i'd always been under the impression drainpipe fit jeans/trousers were v slim until knee area thereabouts and then straight below that, in which case yes sign me up
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

my dad had his birthday party last night. 6 people all vaxmaxxed. nobody shy of 60 years old. my grandma who was/is of course 97. and you know what? it looked like a good time 2021 vibes
Last edited by thewisdomoftime on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
AARON

Post by AARON »

how are you feeling about ma-1s currently
griffin

Post by griffin »

they've looked good since the 50s. nothing has changed.
jrisk

Post by jrisk »

i think they're fine but they are played out and not very interesting at this point. the potential maximum outfit enhancement is very low imo.
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

For me personally, the 2021 light jacket is a an early 2000s grey/black denim trucker by Marc Jacobs.

However I personally will not be buying one.
griffin

Post by griffin »

@thewisdomoftime ngl brother I did not want to be the first
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

jrisk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:22 pm i think they're fine but they are played out and not very interesting at this point. the potential maximum outfit enhancement is very low imo.
this conversation is fit for a thread that's more general-fashion but I think there is clearly something like hot-burning and cold-burning trends, with the former being something like jncos with heaps of straps - specific, overbearing, still tied to action and habit -, while the latter garments represent clothing that has torn itself from historical association. like the MA1 is for clubbing 25 year olds and the oxford shirt is for representing to other 18 year olds that you are a polite person and unripped stonewash jeans are for indicating that it's all over, man, it's all over. I feel like those examples (MA1, oxford, stonewash jeans) held in 2015, and held in 2018, and hold in 2021. we can talk about if skinny-leg pants belong in this category, or full-zip sweatshirts, or peacoats, but I think it's pretty easy to identify which garments still have specificity.

these are weak conceptions, they can have and assuredly have had better expression, but my point is basically that if the MA1 swings into and out of fashion, it barely swings, it would be a blip on the radar relative to the screaming sensation of any article that gets joked about.

I feel like this goes a long-way to explain 3 modes of posting in a thread like 2021 vibes:
[1] drawing a hot-burning, out-there garment into the discussion and receiving all manner of strange remarks in return, probably receiving 7 rep and a few paragraphs from bela for your trouble;
[2] drawing a cold-burning, nearly noumenal garment into the discussion and being gently informed that it's okay to wear the $40 all-white vans authentics; and
[3] hand-wringing about which category a garment fits into, like this

EDIT: alright, the categorization that makes these categories interesting is that these are all categories of garment-talk, while this thread is about more forms than just garments ---- vibes for example
Last edited by thewisdomoftime on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
miles

Post by miles »

Chemical Blue and a grey that didn't exist in 1955
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

crotch gussets
sarouel pants
v lightweight, floppy nylon outerwear
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

I envision myself as such: French-Canadian voyageur + 1950s Koosharem, UT gas station attendant + suave Lemaire man + "that ha.atery look" + pantalons noirs. It's like the "dark Americana" of ancient fashion history, but more personal and inscrutable. There has to be a way to bring my savant-y obsession with geography and history together into something coherent.

Envision it as such: I am wearing an incredibly long beanie-like thing that flops down like a nightcap onto the side of my head. It is made of yak wool. Moving down, we see a white, floppy collar poking out—could it be? A YYPH SS94 double pocket shirt, so moving in its simultaneous reference to Joy Division and the chamois shirts I grew up in, the ones that projected so much strength and structure? It appears so. It's framed by a work jacket, the very plain kind you see Ben Davis or Dickies make, but it's in a kind of pseudo-boucle wool, and it just happens to be nanamica. Or maybe it's some Jan Jan Van Essche thing, or that ByWalid double-jacket I actually fucking passed up for $300. I'm wearing a rather plain pair of Y's cargo pants from the 90s. And maybe my old nepenthes reeboks. Or my hender scheme gats. Or a pair of mephistos. Or a pair of m_moriabcs where the toes curl up to the sky. And I'm wearing a Geoffrey B. Small waxed coat, one of the only pieces of his I like. Or maybe a fire retardant veilance cowl. Or maybe

In all sincerity, I want to wear only greyscale, navy, and a couple splotches of red. I also want to begin moving toward a mostly Yohji setup, while making concessions for the abuse that I put my clothing through. I am really, really hard on pants. Does anybody have advice on reconciling the desire for drape, wool, and flow with the crappy extreme climate I live in/hard use my life lives?

Edit my girlfriend kindly darns my pants and I still destroy those
Mojave
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

nylon and lace
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!