Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by skunk ape »

ramdomthought do you remember that tumblr where the guy was basically me? Finding my doppelganger was a real eyeopener (also opportunity to swaggerjack).

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

wrong

Post by wrong »

y are all fashion podcasts bad
yljt

Post by yljt »

^ probably because the well-known ones are run by white brooklyn gentrifiers that use black english and have petty high school cafeteria squabbles about taste. everything's framed by 2-cent jokes, internet irony gone too far, and a really noxious white "lifestyle" thing

that and when they try to address any ethical/political issues of fashion, they are completely out of their depth

sorry, lol. i'm not even trying to be edgy. it's just bad

edit: and also maybe to ground it in current events, the GQ / Throwing Fits / Corporate Lunch types remind me of the ppl at bon appetit and gimlet. i think adam rappaport the editor in chief who was caught in brown face was actually an editor at gq. so imagine the dynamics at bon appetit playing out in the work culture at gq, etc. and then imagine how that must determine the discussion topics, the writing, the imaginaries
Last edited by yljt on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrong

Post by wrong »

chris black lol
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

skunk ape wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 pm ramdomthought do you remember that tumblr where the guy was basically me? Finding my doppelganger was a real eyeopener (also opportunity to swaggerjack).
I do not remember right now but when I do I will post it as a rep comment that is completely irrelevant to whatever post you have
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

listening to your own internal monologue > listening to any fashion podcast.

this is guaranteed to boost HP and mana 100% of the time
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

me, checking pricing on the byborre x baracuta collaboration: FUCK!

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

skunk ape wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:04 pm me, checking pricing on the byborre x baracuta collaboration: FUCK!
what's wild to me is the weird machine knit textile stuff from byborre x baracuta is only like $1 more expensive than eg x baracuta which is just normal jackets in a bog standard poly woven
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
walks

Post by walks »

What does byborre feel like? it looks cool on the internet but is it comfortable?
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Here's my byborre review: the fabric is heavier then you think it is and holds its shape surprisingly well. the construction is nothing special, which I thought was disappointing because I had expected whole garment knit with varying weights, but instead it's just mixing knit textiles in the fabrication of the garment. That said, this is a thing that I wish more companies did anyway, so that's cool. The hardware is similarly beefy with oversized zippers and it feels very substantial all around. They do feel like clothes from the future but the price of admission is eye watering.

copeland

Post by copeland »

I've been wearing the same Arc'teryx Atom AR (certified used) everyday for three months straight.
miles

Post by miles »

What happened to sprezzatura?

Perhaps we could use more of that Italian charm in our lives now more than ever.

I guess it's hard to show off the casual scarf over zoom at the fake email job.
brücke

Post by brücke »

miles wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:42 pm What happened to sprezzatura?

Perhaps we could use more of that Italian charm in our lives now more than ever.

I guess it's hard to show off the casual scarf over zoom at the fake email job.
angling my laptop to capture the single artfully unbuckled strap on my shell double monks and immediately implicated in a toobin type scenario
deadkitty

Post by deadkitty »

miles wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:42 pm What happened to sprezzatura?
rest in power mr muscle
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

does byborre feel like nike techfleece?
I will never put my sword down
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Byborre also has a lot of different knit types, so it wouldn't be accurate to say it does or doesn't, but for the 3D or AO3 textiles (I think these are most like techfleece, both spacer fabrics), I would still say no. Techfleece is kinda neoprene-y, right? The byborre stuff is more...open (?) in the weave.

starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

After that Nike VP was forced to resign over her son's resale business, I went down a youtube rabbit hole to find out what it takes to bot Jordans, largely because I'm mad that I've hit like once on the SNKRS app.

The key takeaway is that people are spending thousands of dollars on bots, to the point of botting the bots (otherwise they sell out too quickly), plus renting server space to spoof multiple IPs, buying harvested phone numbers to set up multiple SNKRS accounts in order to buy, like, three pairs of sneakers for an in-demand drop.

I was annoyed that Nike didn't seem to be able to deal with the problem by implementing, for example, captcha checks on their websites. But after reading about the lengths that re-sellers are going to (and the amount of money they're willing to put into this), I don't know how Nike can solve this problem other than just producing more sneakers. And even then, if everything is getting snatched up by bots, would it make a difference?
“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”