Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
Trench Witch

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by Trench Witch »

I think it's healthy to go outside looking like garbage and unstylish once in a while
I will never put my sword down
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

meg co is coming for your upsized dickies that you sew pleats into @unwashed masses. these rule too and are sized up redkap pants with the same effect and a cuff.

Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

@ see saw it's about how they're made and what they are

of course there are a ton of wide pleated pant options but none are cheap and also remade sized up pants
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
UnwashedMolasses

Post by UnwashedMolasses »

those fuckers (/s)

yeah shortly after I made my first pair I saw these Shinya Kozuka x Dickies on Wallace & Murron:

(they'd been making them for a year or two I think, I just hadn't seen them)

I fuck with cotton/poly blends and with that kind of volume they hang and move around you in a way that's totally different from like a wool gabardine
_Organism

Post by _Organism »

the real move is having an idea and then never executing it before you see someone else has already made it
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

people who dress in a way that the internet in 2014 would call "normcore" but have no idea what that word means have reached a special sense of enlightenment the rest of us can only dream of
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Building and re-building my closet has been a source of compulsory comfort for me throughout most of my adult anxiety. Creating a protective identity via clothing makes me feel more grounded, even if it differentiates or isolates me from others. Over time I have done "deeper" work to solidify my identity internally. I am relieved to see that as I cultivate more self-assurance, my love of fashion hasn't changed much. If anything, I can enjoy it more, because it is no longer attempting to hide or guard me. These priorities have been replaced with being comfortable, and having fun.

Sounds kinda based but it's the truth and I'm happy about it.
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Also I'm thinking about capsules and how best to archive them.

My grandma had an album of polaroids called "Dresses - 1975" that was just her, in her living room, wearing all of her dresses. They were taken by her second husband. She has a full beat and hairdo and the living room is entirely green.

I could never match this level of diva lol.

I am more interested in how everything fits together than individual items. But I am a sucker for a good closet tour. Huh

My spring capsule is complete. I had to repair and replace some stuff (RIP the '93 bulls tee I got ten years ago) but overall I can see my whole wardrobe refining down to things I love to wear. As opposed to things I love, which is a huge category including moon boots and tooth gems.

Right now I'm leaning towards better documentation of via daily fitpics. Seeing everything in practice. Guess y'all will see that soon!
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

2015: "you need clunkier shoes"

2021: wait no they didnt
miles

Post by miles »

- After seeing an Instagram explore page Tik Tok titled "How to dress like travis scott" (Jordans, cargo pants, vintage flannel) I've suddenly realized where that instagram explore page look seems to have come from.

- Saw my 12yr old cousin today, he was wearing an astroworld hoodie, cargo pants, and sneakers.

- or did travis' stylist spend too much time on instagram buying travis "archival" hysteric glamour.
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

wait until you hit the tik tok nerds talmbout “disconnected fit theory” and shit
seesaw

Post by seesaw »

what is disconnected fit theory and has DUKE UP published a book on it yet
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I googled it and it seems to be something along the lines of the dreaded pant/shoe interface?
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

when and who do you think will make the first NFT fit pic
brücke

Post by brücke »

thinking about how awful converse look above like a size 10 (too thin, too long, sole too thin), but how conversely big chunky shoes look great above that size (well balanced, substantial, grounding). Converse and other relatively thin shoes under a certain size have a great balance and proportionality to them, whereas chunky shoes under a certain size end up looking a little off

brücke

Post by brücke »

wait i meant the disruptor never mind
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

conspiracy theory of the day:

all that pushback against graphic tees (and any/all clothing with any sort of "cartoon-y" graphic on it in general) that all those boring reddit MAFAF "number one boss moderator mans" (or whatever) peddled back in the day with the intent of making it seem as if all that stuff is "childish" and that instead you require simple solid color shirts (to wear underneath your gingham linen OCBD flannel) if you want anyone older than the age of 19 to take you seriously... that all was 100% the result of a coordinated monetary partnership that rich reddit admins had with h&m and gap and old navy and all the other good ol bois... bent on keeping kids with limited cash flow who only got like 6 upvo- i mean, "rep" per fit every WYWAYWT extremely unconfident and insecure with their own fashion sense, and constantly feeling like they needed to buy "mature" clothes... that only the aforementioned brands would offer in their price range.
Spoiler:
i don't actually believe this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
this is also the longest sentence i've ever written since i dropped out of college