Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
Trench Witch

Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by Trench Witch »

The key to being fashionable is to have just the right amount of tshirt extending beyond your sweatshirt. New version of suit cuffs beyond the sleeve
I will never put my sword down
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by skunk ape »

The new Nike Every Stitch Considered thing I just saw on hypebeast made me so mad that I had to come here and post about how mad I am. The world neither needs nor wants this.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

after many years of reflection on things skunk ape has said, i no longer like new balance 990 v3s
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
miles

Post by miles »

Streetstyle photos... that's a thing you don't hear too much about any more. Due to the Novel Covid-19 Coronavirus.
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

skunk ape wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:11 pm The new Nike Every Stitch Considered thing I just saw on hypebeast made me so mad that I had to come here and post about how mad I am. The world neither needs nor wants this.
this is clothing for people who post Instagram stories of themselves listening to jordan peterson adjacent audio books tagged "important to make your own mind up"
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Due to life events, I find myself /needing/ to pare down my clothes. Also due to life events (less stressful) I find myself packing and living out of a bag regularly. As a consequence, I've started packing the clothes I take a light touch to and do not regularly wear as a result and then just wearing them daily. This is partially borne out of a desire to knock the shit out of them so I'll no longer carry the mental burden of having Nice Clothes I Don't Wear, but instead I'm finding that I'm now enjoying those clothes in a way I didn't. That's nice! Anyway, now they'll be harder to get rid of.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

that reminds me i need to post a bunch of clothes here for people to have

i owe maj a pair of pants and a bag of chips i think

is there a clothing "exchange" thread here yet

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

one of my only clothing regrets is not getting the gitman shirtless man hiker shirt in small instead of medium

i miss that shirt

bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I've been putting all my spare clothes in my spare bags, adding a bic lighter and a can of beans, then secreting the bags around my house/car as "go bags" for when the apocalypse comes in and I have to hit the road.

So my post apocalypse look will be "eBay misses"
walks

Post by walks »

skunk ape wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm Due to life events, I find myself /needing/ to pare down my clothes. Also due to life events (less stressful) I find myself packing and living out of a bag regularly. As a consequence, I've started packing the clothes I take a light touch to and do not regularly wear as a result and then just wearing them daily. This is partially borne out of a desire to knock the shit out of them so I'll no longer carry the mental burden of having Nice Clothes I Don't Wear, but instead I'm finding that I'm now enjoying those clothes in a way I didn't. That's nice! Anyway, now they'll be harder to get rid of.
I had the opportunity to spend the winter somewhere (slightly) warmer and when I was packing I made a point to pick mostly stuff I like but hadn't worn much. I've really enjoyed this limited wardrobe over the last three months and have come to think about clothes that were "special" as "everyday" "staples" instead.I hope I can maintain this attitude as my life becomes less nomadic this year.
miles

Post by miles »

According to the tik tok fashion posts on my instagram explore page, outfit pics are becoming more and more commonplace. Not good imo... a fit pic should only take place in your bedroom with the constant fear of someone walking in and catching you in the act.

As an aside, the instagram explore page/archive fashion people fake carhartt & vintage sweatshirt crowd are not a good look. As well as the big shoes, big pants & pastel colors europeans

But maybe people think my humungous graphpaper clothes are following that trend.

These have been my fashion thoughts.
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

idc if anyone can relate but shaving your face n legs like everyday bc you think your whole aesthetic depends on it is mad annoying. takes like an hour, and the whole time you have to stop and leave the only bathroom in your house bc someone wants to use it. it's very strange how my style of dress has changed in the past six years to incorporate my whole unclothed body as an item of clothing in itself when back then it was just tie ya shoes and have your mom take the fit pic without even looking into a mirror or anything. idk some of youse can probably relate
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

this wearing clothes thing is way more fun when you don't have a bunch of kids in your ear telling you your attempt at playing with proportions has proven to be ultimately incongruous thanks to a faulty taper and uneven stacks completely messing up your pant/shoe interaction
frannyglass

Post by frannyglass »

it was such a faulty premise to try to comment on proportions in fit pics when so few people were actually working with a camera angle/lens that could have ever produced natural looking proportions
i'm svvagged out.. based.
walks

Post by walks »

That's why the brand list was so important. Calibrate the proportions as seen against your perceptions of the brands to reconstruct a mental image of the true outfit, which can then be analyzed for top/bottom proportionality and taper quality.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

lionfir44 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:00 pm idc if anyone can relate but shaving your face n legs like everyday bc you think your whole aesthetic depends on it is mad annoying. takes like an hour, and the whole time you have to stop and leave the only bathroom in your house bc someone wants to use it.
I think I am very pretty after shaving my face, and I get back to being not-shit-in-my-own-eyes as early as 8 hours afterwards

cannot imagine the horror of feeling the same way about a surface of my body any larger
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
p3rn

Post by p3rn »

someone linked me to a ny fashion girl tik tok and not only do I recognise some of her pieces from my heroine and eBay wish list graveyard, we actually own a few of the same rare-ish pieces. good reminder that none of us are originals even in junya watanabe ss03