Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by skunk ape »

On the one hand, this is boring. On the other hand, the previous iteration had some interesting stuff but was niche enough that it wasn't really selling like gangbusters, so I guess you gotta make concessions. It probably feels nice but seems to be cut slim enough that I'll never fit my hamhocks anywhere near those pants. Anyway, I'll go back to ignoring this.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

skunk ape wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:07 pm On the one hand, this is boring. On the other hand, the previous iteration had some interesting stuff but was niche enough that it wasn't really selling like gangbusters, so I guess you gotta make concessions. It probably feels nice but seems to be cut slim enough that I'll never fit my hamhocks anywhere near those pants. Anyway, I'll go back to ignoring this.
agreed overall. i'd be curious to see what a suit might look like sized up 1 (the fit model is apparently 6'1" and wearing size M for both jacket and trouser), and like i said in my initial rep comment it seems to be more of a textile focused project (so far? may be playing it safe, or maybe the lack of abasi's involvement is the deciding factor re: simpler patterns, who knows).
also seems to be targeted towards a techbro type, or something?
i'd be curious to hear more from a hands-on perspective, but i won't be buying any of it myself.
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I feel like the blazer might be ok. Kind of like Uniqlo Jersey for people who don't want to buy from companies that exploit forced labour.

Could do with more info about the fabric though if they're going to go on about it like that.
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I'm obviously not going to go near buying it.
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Desperately wearing all my tight raw denim before they go out of style.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

you're an old dad now thus you must live in the trends that were cool before the kid

you are doomed to wear skinny jeans until the grave
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
olympiaitsthewater

Post by olympiaitsthewater »

will that phase of millennial fashion right before slim fit jeans come back? like when dudes wore lowrise bootcut jeans that were really slim through the thigh with slimfit tshirts and plaids and also sometimes a scarf?
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

My mum took my UC leather jacket to a drycleaner without me knowing and it shrunk I think. I can barely zip it up now.

Is it possible to stretch it out?
starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

Leather can generally be stretched, yes, but there's also obviously a limit.
“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
eyealt

Post by eyealt »

All I wear are APCs and Common Projects which exactly what I always wanted back in 2010. Took me long enough to get here, but we're finally happy
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

olympiaitsthewater wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:07 am will that phase of millennial fashion right before slim fit jeans come back? like when dudes wore lowrise bootcut jeans that were really slim through the thigh with slimfit tshirts and plaids and also sometimes a scarf?
this is extremely familiar territory...

but also, i've been wearing lowrise slim thigh jeans (junya) with slightly shorter (depends) boxier tees and it's fun, i think it's a way to go back to that vibe without feeling like i've thrown myself into a time machine. other times i'm open to patterned buttondowns (still usually junya? or some thrifted bits).
(in other words, basically just junya or something)

now if only it was easier to find a fuller length bootcut fit from junya, instead of the inseam flare that seems prevalent among the bits i own
eyealt

Post by eyealt »

@julio been wearing the Jean Standard. Really nice straight let, room in the top block and solid length. I think APC's best cut tbh
edmund

Post by edmund »

every year on my birthday i tell myself i'm going to get myself a leather jacket, but because it's in september the colder weather rolls around and i lose my taste for them once i see how many people are wearing them in NYC. it's a weird cognitive dissonance but it feels like every fashion-conscious person in new york independently decides on the black leather double-rider biker jacket as the archetypal symbol of "cool" and oversaturates the look until it gives the opposite effect. i really try to avoid the "it's common therefore it's uncool" mentality and think that the biker jacket can look really good with the right wear and vintage fit but going into soho and seeing everyone in brand new-looking leathers from allsaints or aritzia or whatever really makes me want to swear off the look no matter how perfectly i could pull it off

that said, i still love the look of a leather jacket and i think maybe a more simple work jacket-style look (regular collar, center zip, slim fit, cropped cut, slash pockets) might be best. if anyone has any recommendations for nice black leathers similar to the lewis leathers corsair i'd love the input
yljt

Post by yljt »

white hollow heads talking about japanese denim makes me wanna vom exhibit 367. take a shot every time you see a mention of confucianism, perfectionism, or civilization

https://paynterjacket.com/blogs/stories ... perfection
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I still wear a cotton beanie forgotten user RAMSEAMS gifted to me in the first care share. Brand Columbia knit
iliam

Post by iliam »

I'm back in Sydney after being away for a few years and truly 90% of people here dress in exactly the same way they did in 2010.
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

The people in Sydney or the People of Care-Tags?

(both, obviously)