cameron

Re: THEORY of fitpics

Post by cameron »

or getting rep / repping others because they look happy
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

sometimes i kinda wish we hadn't shut down t**nmfa when we did cause i'd love it if i went there now and saw that kids were uploading fit pic gifs of them doing fortnite dances or something
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

petition to change the name of the what are you wearing thread to "PRACTICE of fitpics"

edit: we did it reddit!
seesaw

Post by seesaw »

in the most recent fitpic the user, "slimetime", also included slime in the top left corner of the pic. boundaries are being pushed
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

The foxtail shoe mirror is a radical development.
sam

Post by sam »

the fitpic in the age of digital reproduction
CMYK

Post by CMYK »

The repetition of the same fitpic over and over again stands directly against the medium on which it is being posted - if this was twitter (retweet) or tumblr (reblog) the ability and expectation for content to be recycled in that manner is built in. The obtuse nature of the forum software means that this behavior is NOT expected, and comes across as spammy and self centered.

While the point could be argued that the quote function "allows" for a similar repost ability, I think it's more important to consider if this purposeful (mis)use of the feature adds or detracts from our collective forum experience. I for one enjoy the purposeful limitations of our chosen medium, and think that encouraging [effort] [long] posts and novel content over low effort regurgitations of the same small body of work is a value of this forum that is worth defending, especially since so many other mediums have abandoned any such values (once again, to their detriment, IMO).
Last edited by CMYK on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam

Post by sam »

CMYK wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:15 pm The repetition of the same fitpic over and over again stands directly against the medium on which it is being posted - if this was twitter (with a built in retweet) or tumblr (same with reblog) the ability and expectation for content to be recycled in that manner is expected. The obtuse nature of the forum software means that this behavior is NOT expected, and comes across as spammy and self centered.

While the point could be argued that the quote function "allows" for a similar repost ability, I think it's more important to consider if this purposeful (mis)use of the feature adds or detracts from our collective forum experience. I for one enjoy the purposeful limitations of our chosen medium, and think that encouraging higher effort posts and novel content over low effort regurgitations of the same small body of work is a value of this forum that is worth defending, especially since so many other mediums have abandoned any such values (once again, to their detriment, IMO)
same
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

sam wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:19 pm
same
Trolling but calling it Intentional is what I did in 2012.

you're too late that bit is no longer contemporary - it's a relic of reddit malefashionadvice nonsense. For what it's worth, it wasn't interesting then either

You can do better sam

inb4 "same" :lol: :lol:
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
clivehauptlover625

Post by clivehauptlover625 »

sam’s fit post drama has invigorated the forum
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

the forum needed a heel
I will never put my sword down
seesaw

Post by seesaw »

sam's posts are the repetition of pure difference. if u think theyre spam its bc you're bad at ontology sorry
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

sam's posts are the repetition of pure difference. if u think theyre spam its bc you're bad at ontology sorry

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

man i am a relatively new contributor and am now very paranoid that my enthusiasm for sharing photos of my outfits comes off as point farming. i am just stoked to find a community that wants to see or cares about clothes
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

i think i'll take a chill pill on sharing bc i don't like seeing myself so much and i don't like how much i care about ppl approving the fits.
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

pls help. how do i ask my partner to take fit pics of me. we have been dating for over three years. much gratitude
dislikes: the bachelor
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

"ok so it's called care-tags..."
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~