Post by Julio »

rjbman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 am "ok so it's called care-tags..."
"yeah, everyone's really nice and we all post our outfits (sometimes)..."
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: THEORY of fitpics

Post by bels »

There are many things you can turn to your partner for. Taking fit pics need not be one of them.

Practice self sufficiency. Find a place to prop your phone. Or get a double sided suction cup and stick your phone to a mirror or a window.
brücke

Post by brücke »

if the partner is integrated into the fitpic itself, such as by way of a mirror or similar contrivance, who would then be the subject ? the piccer, or the one first picced ?
walks

Post by walks »

brücke wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 pm if the partner is integrated into the fitpic itself, such as by way of a mirror or similar contrivance, who would then be the subject ? the piccer, or the one first picced ?
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

you are all right. my revised initiative is: how do i convince my partner to let me take fit pics of them and upload them to care dash tags
dislikes: the bachelor
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

This is a sophisticated construction
alby

Post by alby »

why are mirrors so expensive
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

why buy mirrors when you can buy smart mirrors (camera tripods)
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

why buy smart mirrors when you can post brandlists
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
edmund

Post by edmund »

i'm for any and all experimentation with fit pics because i find the classic, archetypal fit pic as we understand it to be sterile and devoid of context. obviously you really don't need that much backstory to evaluate a person's fit, but said fit is a part of a much broader story beyond jacket+midlayer+tee+pants+shoes shot on iphone/DSLR in a bedroom or backyard. what are you doing that day? is it just a casual lazy-day fit or are you trying to impress? how do you hope your fit will alter or perhaps improve your experience during the day you're wearing it?

i can only speak for myself, but any outfit that i consider to be "fit pic worthy" involves a certain degree of conscious thought that i don't generally exert on a day-to-day basis. that's not to say that my everyday fits aren't good – just in my own evaluation not interesting or novel enough to warrant posting a picture of. if you're breaking out the junya/thom/archive maharishi/rick outfit on a tuesday morning when you have 45 minutes to shower and commute to work, i'm in awe of your commitment to the game but couldn't be me

i appreciate any gesture or detail(s) in a fit pic that demonstrates an awareness of the intrinsic nature of WAYT – fun to share and see others' fits, but still a fairly silly and frivolous act. i also agree with any and all criticism of brand lists, but to my points above i kinda like them because it gives me an insight into the poster's consumption habits – archetypes including the thrift god, the y!jp lurker, the DIY creatives, etc.

common fit pic elements that are crowd pleasers not mentioned before in this thread:
  • interesting or quirky locations (ex: cam's bathtub)
  • action shots
  • artful picture-in-picture detail shots
  • SMILING
next-level fit pic maneuvers i'd like to see more of:
  • pics shot on film
  • "celeb/paparazzi-style" shots (taken on a zoom lens from across the street with subject walking obliviously yet looking vaguely annoyed)
tinman

Post by tinman »

edmund wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:28 am
celeb/paparazzi-style" shots (taken on a zoom lens from across the street with subject walking obliviously yet looking vaguely annoyed)
putting on a hyper-realistic Timothée Chalamet mask and calling the paparazzi on myself to get free Getty-images fit pics
ecrujones

Post by ecrujones »

strapping a gopro to your head to craft a pov fit video. what does it feel like to look down and see your garments on my body? bonus, of course, if you use multiple gopros and the video is viewable in VR. double bonus if the video depicts you taking a regular mirror selife with your phone.
edmund

Post by edmund »

gonna start photoshopping Getty Images watermarks onto my fit pics
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

wonder if the fitpic is just the myspace angle of today
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

fitpics must have mandatory meitu applied
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Hard to fit pic when there's basically no natural light. Could there be an opportunity for the flash photography fit pic? Have seen it used by more experienced practitioners...
freddy

Post by freddy »

The reality of fit pics is that it’s full effort to capture the quintessential moment to look least effort, amirite guys?!?