iope retinol
illiyoon ato ceramide cream

also this is a really good resource: http://cosdna.com
swampblood

Re: i don’t wanna have sex i wanna do chemical peels

Post by swampblood »

Am:
Cerave Cleanser
Ordinary Buffet Serum (highly recommend)
Ordinary Moisturizer (also like a lot)
Pure Block Sunscreen

Pm: CV Cleanse
Ordinary Toner
Ordinary Granactive Retnoids in Sqaulene
Moisturizer

Thrown in a sheet mask every week for good measure. Very lucky to not have to deal with breakouts post accutane, but had horrible skin and acne in my younger years. So I'm working towards dulling scars.
brücke

Post by brücke »

been having a weird eczema thing/dry skin around my eyes, rubbing aquaphor into my eye sockets twice a day like a gecko licking its eyes
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Current Routine:
AM: wash with water, apply jojoba oil, apply sunscreen
PM: wipe off grime with micellar water, apply curology*, apply jojoba oil

*Curology is expensive but it has done so much good for me. I have tried to dupe it with the ordinary products and it just didn't work, so I went back to it.
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Have you guys watched any Sheree Idriss on yt? I really like her straightforward explanations and I'm not scared to try a retinol anymore.

EDIT: I'm going to try her recommended routine... and see if I can get off of curology. She recommends using an acid once a week (to start) and a retinol twice a week. Two drugstore options are the L'Oreal glycolic acid 10% and the L'Oreal Revitalift Pure Retinol. Curious to see how it goes

Question: How do y'all feel about cleansing?? I just wash with water and remove my makeup/grime at night with micellar water. I really feel the micellar does a good job and that the idea of double cleansing is overkill. lmk if you have a rebuttal.

New routine: AM: Water/jojoba/sunscreen // PM: Micellar/jojoba/retinol or GA (on/off throughout week).
yljt

Post by yljt »

baby added a toner to their routine: https://tonymoly.us/products/wonder-cer ... hi-toner-1

seems to be good so far
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Re cleansing I feel like if I get a lot of sweat on my face and don't rinse it off I get spots, but also I don't feel like I need something heavy to rinse it off. I guess I like a cleanser that doesn't feel like I need to moisturise immediately afterwards but also I think if it came down to it I could just use water and I wouldn't notice. Cleanser seems like the first thing to cheap out on (to me)

Working from home has made it a lot easier to do my skincare regime because i no longer shower in the office.
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

i double cleanse regularly but i have bigger pores so i'd rather not get em clogged. i'm also wary of my gel cleanser cleaning my sunscreen off fully (anessa is a waterproof sunscreen)

i've been regularly using retinol for 2+ years now (moved slowly from weaker 2% retinoid to 0.1% retinol and now 1% retinol), and imo it's one of the most effective parts of my skincare regimen. it's good to pair with an exfoliation method (be acid or w/e) bc you end up shedding dead skin faster
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

When u did ur glycolic acid but forgot something at ur partners house and it’s still light out
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

skin update:

i noticed my skin was looking way drier this winter, and my wrinkles were more prominent. so once again I revisited a retinol

i also switched out my jojoba oil in favor of a gel-cream

i thought both of these products were working over the last 6 weeks or so

but now i am breaking out, under the skin, in various places on my face

so it's back to the drawing board

i would love retinol or other anti aging recs with minimal ingredients/for sensitive skin
and ditto moisturizers
if you got em! thanks!
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I still just use Paula's choice for everything, but I only recently added a retinol (moisturiser).
brücke

Post by brücke »

eucerin og formula is my go to, non comedogenic + works great
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

tried retinol for about 6 weeks and even the slightest percentage, twice a week , buffered with moisturizer irritated my skin

after a few weeks of just cleanser/moisturizer to reset i'm going to start using niacinamide. used it in the past as a part of a curology formula but this time it's in a serum.

current lineup:
cold water
moisturize with LRP Toleraine
sometimes some drops of jojoba oil
tinted sunscreen

at night, milky jelly cleanser (want to try the $6 ELF dupe: bounce back jelly cleanser)
super pure serum (want to try the $13 Purito Centella serum dupe)
toleraine

also got two mizon products a friend recommended for a weekly treat- the snail sleeping pack and some collagen undereye masks. tried the eye mask and they were verrrrrrrrry slippy but ultimately worked well.

goal is to feel like i put in care without wearing makeup. i don't like the way makeup looks on me apart from spock eyebrows

i am quite interested in lowering the cost of my skincare as much as possible while retaining efficacy/enjoyment. i am reluctant about paying for glossier for whatever reason lol i just don't like their vibe. so we'll see if 1. they work and 2. i can then find dupes
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I know it's the most basic shit but I've grown to quite like the ordinary squalane cleanser + hylauronic acid combo that I have at work for a quick morning routine.
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

olive young has a global website
https://global.oliveyoung.com/

ive been in love with the dokdo toner. gave up sk-2 to use it, way cheaper and just has that super hydrated feeling :^)
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

glad someone posted in this thread bc i had forgotten about it.
i succeeded in reducing my skincare costs and really like the routine i've been using for about a year.

AM: water, cerave vitamin c serum, lrp triple repair cream*, tinted sunscreen (drmtlgy spf 45)
PM: ELF jelly cleanser, purito centella serum, lrp triple repair cream

total cost: $89 for the whole set, bought on average every 6 months. so $178 annually, roughly.
the triple repair cream works great on neck and eyes too.

the combo of 'actives' niacinamide, centella asiatica, and vitamin c has managed my rosacea, acne and fine lines very, very well.

*in the summer I use LRP toleraine which is significantly smaller and more expensive, but much lighter.
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I'm just doing tret + moisturiser in the evening and azaelic acid + sunblock in the day rn.

Will probably switch to a moisturiser with sunblock in the winter.

If the company I work at doesn't go bankrupt in the next 3 weeks i'll buy one of those LED masks that shoot light into your skin.