Clothes

Re: Hair

Postby bels » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:35 am

You must have really wanted the job badly if you would dye for it

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Sirhc » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:50 pm

I have this cycle of growing out my hair then getting it buzzed for some reason. Currently growing it out and its in an awkard stage atm
growing out again to get it similar to this

also would mess around with my hair often to try new things and one time ended with trunks inspired hair
Spoiler:

Sirhc

Postby eufemism » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34 pm

growing out my hair for the first time ever. it's a test of patience since my hair is pretty curly. ideally i'm gonna grow it out to shoulder length and then get it styled. fairy knots are scaring me. every time i shower i feel like i'm balding.

i've also been going to non professional hair cutters for pretty much all my life so i'm interested to see what a professional can do with my curls.

this might be me lmao

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby costanza » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:07 pm

how long hair do you need to have to start braiding it?

costanza

Postby costanza » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:25 pm

below shoulder height is good imo

fuck that's at least a year away

costanza

Postby titkitten » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 am

i coloured my hair myself for the first time (historically i've peer pressured housemates and friends into it)! my arms got tired and i couldn't see the back of my head. i think it came out ok though! there's still some blonde left because i ran out of colour but i think it kind of creates a cute strawberry blonde effect *~(^ω^)*

Image Image Image
titkitten

Postby titkitten » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

someone else post in this thread or else it will literally become my selfies thread
  • how do you all style your hair?
  • what products are you using?
  • are you happy with them?
  • what do you struggle with hair-wise?
  • what are you going to try next?
  • etc
i did a blue today -- it came out periwinkle with a few dashes of silver, but looks a little purple under some lights. i'm super happy with how it turned out (:
(sidebar: i'm wearing this black qlomaire sweater and i love it so much i've worn it every day for the past week)

Image Image Image
titkitten

Postby exprof » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:56 pm

to answer titkittens questions!

how do you all style your hair?
i recently cut my hair short again and i love it! (smiling) its been a bit of work blow drying it every day but it feels so free and light

what products are you using?
are you happy with them?
now its been just shampoo + condition with this garnier stuff, it works ok and is pretty cheap! if anyone has recommendations for better hair stuff i'd love to hear

what do you struggle with hair-wise?
my hair tends to wave so while i have the volume for this haircut sometimes my hair doesnt stay straight :[

what are you going to try next?
i really want light brown hair but i'm not sure i have the effort to commit to all of the maintenance that comes with it, also want short hair like rihanna in the take a bow video, idunno when i'll eventually do this though, still have some hangups about my femme identity and my hair lol

exprof

Postby INNIT » Thu May 25, 2017 3:23 pm

over the past 8 years every barber in my city has gone from not knowing how to do an undercut to only knowing how to do an undercut

no matter what i ask for or how many pictures i show, i walk out with a fucking undercut

INNIT

Postby bels » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:16 am

Does anyone have any ideas for a good summer haircut? Tired of dripping with sweat instantly.

Don't say a number 1. I want a haircut that looks like a haircut, not a rebellion against age or ancestry.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby weqe » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby PuddingCup » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:43 pm

first post! let's go

new fit
@xinijia (who did this amazing job btw) told me to insert something about yohji and black garments here
pre-toner
half n half (ft. xinijia's thumb)
finished product

PuddingCup

Postby sidewalk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 pm

bels wrote:Does anyone have any ideas for a good summer haircut? Tired of dripping with sweat instantly.

Don't say a number 1. I want a haircut that looks like a haircut, not a rebellion against age or ancestry.

@bels

I think going short can look like a style/haircut with a slight fade/taper. I wear a 2 on top faded to a 1 and have to get weekly cuts. DONT tell me its not work/not a real style. Also, it doesn't look angsty if you dress maturely. Sporting frames - or even a well-groomed beard - goes great with a short cut. Personally, I can't grow a beard and I have perfect vision so I grow my middle brow hairs out. It counters the pristine edges and ultra-clean cut demeanor of my weekly 2 to 1 fade. If you're truly insecure about looking like a rebel, have your barber cut you a receeding hairline, and/or a thinning crown. The balding buzzcut perfectly counters any rebel association, as people will realize your hair is short out of necessity.

As far as sweat is concerned, a shorter cut will not help. With a buzz, the sweat still forms, but instead of being trapped in hair, slides straight to your forehead where it is most noticeable. To prevent this, I apply a nice antiperspirant to my forehead each night. However, it is causing me to have forehead antiperspirant pimples, so I am considering getting botox injections instead.

sidewalk

Previous

Return to Tags