How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: How do I Look?

Postby freddy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Pulling the dior homme/balmain fuccboi look. Light wash jeans or khaki trousers?

And amidoingirite w the yellow trench? Or isit2muchcolor??

Figured out my look w the tie by going two-tone preppy. But how to red velvet blazer tho?

Bonus pic ;)

Found some raf sweats:

Reg sweat

Or Dino-rawrsaur knit sweat

Collar deets

??

freddy

Postby kindofyoung » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Red jacket is cool, but atleast one size too large for you (as you can see from both shoulders, sleeve length and waist)
Shirt looks unkempt, the collar is too small and it should be tucked if you want to wear a tie.
Tie is too matchy matchy with the red jacket and too skinny for both of the looks, get something wider and learn how to tie a nicer knot (I'm personally a big fan of the Half-Windsor http://www.tie-a-tie.net/halfwindsor/)
Neither pants are very good, but if you don't want to wear something less casual I'd just skip the tie entirely.
The second jacket looks to fit much better but for some reason you haven't buttoned it, a double-breasted jacket should more or less always be buttoned.

The one thing I do like is the red and yellow together in the first picture with the jacket, but the tie is still bad there.
And I mean, I get that it's intended to be "sloppy", but none of the pieces are nice enough or fit well enough that it looks intended, it just looks bad.

PS: If the blazers or sweaters are sz small/46 I'd be interested in both

kindofyoung

Postby freddy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback! Red jacket is a balmain 52EU which explains the larger silhouette, def not the typical Balmain slim as I eyeball the model pics despite the high armholes, or have any waist suppression like I reckon for other balmain jackets which prob wouldn't be right for tuxedo jacket. There is some shoulder padding and some accentuation for the shoulders which I think is done purposefully. Like I said in your rep comment, I think the shoulders fit (18" s2s) bc I have broad shoulders but need an aggressive cut for my EU44/46 body so I'd need some serious taper. Maybe I'll try an gigantic oversized red bow-tie or something w it. You're right about the tie, def not proportate to the large jacket. I received them both on the same day today so decided to play around w it. I found my groove with the two-tone preppy blazer but not so much with the red one.

I'm thinking maybe down the road I'll cop some red denim or something to make this work or pass it on.

Unfortunately the raf knit is a M but the reg archival sweat is S but fits oversized. Will keep you in mind for the latter one if I decide to pawn it off in the future! If anything, I do have an Alexander Plokhov cropped blazer in 46 (copped bnwt and tried on)that doesn't fit me in storage if you're ever interested.

freddy

Postby Cowboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Update post hem (@bigbee)

I like them!

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Sat May 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 am

I'm getting mixed feedback on the flannel here

personally I'm happy with it: this jacket is hard enough to pair and I don't want to be constricted to plain t shirts and such. This felt like a solid choice.

side note a couple months ago I couldn't button this shirt but here we are. (smiling)

Here's the jacket proper might help

Please feel free to suggest things you would pair with the jacket. I'm having tons of fun just pondering what to work it with and it's been a great challenge.

Cowboy

Postby npuox » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:43 am

I like it pal, you look very brave (smiling) what is this shoe ? (smiling) (smiling)

npuox

Postby Cowboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks it's a pair of Marni sneakers

Thanks everyone for all the advice, I appreciate it!

Cowboy

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am

I know this jacket is small, but is it unwearable small?

MHL Staff Jacket (I think) in size L. Would probably work better for someone who isn't 6'3".

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: clearbrowgel.tumblr.com
hharrissonn

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I agree that it is too small, and have decided to sell. Updated my listing in the b/s/t forum here, and listed it on Grailed. A little bummed that this didn't end up working, it was basically exactly what I was looking for. Luckily I found a nearly identical alternative on sale on the Norse Store website, and have ordered it as a replacement.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: clearbrowgel.tumblr.com
hharrissonn

Postby Malcb33 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Got to size up on MHL staff jacket IMO. I have a grey moleskin in XL which enjoy a lot. It's an easy to wear piece and works in a lot of situations.

Malcb33

Previous

Return to Tags