I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby b4my » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 pm

archangel you could look into hoka one one, esp. the bondi series, north face ultra 110 gtx, or old acg stuff (or the new air humaras). disrupters go hard tho.

b4my

Postby julius » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:53 am

Anyone familiar with the brand Olderbrother? I've been looking for a white chore jacket, but the pink one is really pulling me in. I'm curious though if the it's worth the price, as well as general impressions of the products/brand

Also, does anyone know any chunky cardigans that are all cotton/acrylic/polyester that have a similar style to this one?
This one is from North Sea Clothing. I really dig most of the stuff they put out, but most of its wool, which I avoid

julius

Postby b4my » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am

olderbrother's great! went to their nyc pop up a few days ago and chatted with the guys who run it, they're really nice. it's def a little pricey for what it is - the fabrics are nothing too special but the cuts and dye jobs are great, and its all sustainable and ethical and all that jazz. if it's calling your name i say go for it.

b4my

Postby posh_somme » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 am

i can’t for the life of me find a mustard coloured knit turtleneck for sale anywhere that isn’t asos. any ideas? either new or used is fine

posh_somme

Postby bels » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

Reiss or Ted Baker might have something

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mknro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 pm

shit shit shit I'm rather very screwed.

Been so busy with a deadline that I haven't bought clothes for a big 3-4 day wedding thing this weekend in the southern hemisphere.

Desperately need to find and express ship order the following:

A pair of shorts. Don't have a single viable pair. Preferably looking for something like MHL's last year:

They don't have anything like that this year. Tres-bien had something similar last year but again not this year. Other-shop has a similar enough Fanmail pair but only in L, and I'm an S-M in trousers/shorts. Anyone know anything similar currently available? So lineny or at least soft and unstructured, elasti cwaistband or drawstring. I liked the charcoal colour, but any other neutral colours would be cool too. just nothing too colourful or too dark and I'd be so happy

Next I need a smart shirt that I can wear in a casual way for the wedding itself. Kinda looking for a white or other light, solid colour with a square oversized fit and square bottom. Think I might be able to sort this through OL though (Lemaire had one I wanted but forget to check for it in sales)

Also any sort of casual jacket thing for over a box-fit smart shirt that I can wear with either my dark navy baggy linen chinos, or either a dark blue wide-legged or more tapering pair of trousers that I already own.

Main thing is shorts and jacket though that I really really need help with. don't know if my desperation is coming across fully lmao

edit: also what the fuck is a smart casual wedding??

edit: shit what are some bulky "smart casual" shoes?

mknro

Postby Malcb33 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Maybe check out the new UNiqlo U shorts which are similar to those MHL ones pictured.

Malcb33

Postby oucho » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 pm

don't forget that if you're into fashion dress codes don't apply to you and you can wear whatever you want

oucho

Location:          ⃝     ⃝              ⃝     ⃝              ⃝      ⃝            ⃝          ⃝    ⃝

Postby rafty » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Looking to buy some kind of tech-ish sandal, basically looking for a budget alternative to Suicokes/vis cristos or something in that vein if anybody has any recommendations

something like these but cheaper, seen tevas and the like but want something chunkier like the suicokes

I've seen some sick new balance ones that'd be gucci but can't find any UK stockists, just deep in asia </3

rafty

Postby Julio » Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 am

what is the c-t consensus on nike komyuters? contemplating getting this pair (from a local retailer for helping them out with some stuff, so p much free i guess)

Julio

Postby rjbman » Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 am

have a pair - they're not 100% waterproof but better than most non-leather shoes. The fidlock / tightener system is pretty damn fun but for whatever reason, both go the same clockwise direction instead of forward / back. for free / cheap i'd say get them.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Previous

Return to Tags