RU a chivster? #GTCW [no one knows I'm gay]

Clothes

Re: gay thug club wear

Postby can- » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 pm

smiles wrote:meadham kirchhoff (looks to be styled by matthew josephs)

dang just noticed the bracelets round those hyper one's. killer

can-

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:43 pm

gay club thugs listen to Cakes Da Killa

[youtube]watch?v=rBfLFn5LA-Q[/youtube]

"niggas pay my loans just to fingerfuck my asshole"

JonjoShelvey

Postby sknss » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 pm

serious thugs ft. nasir mazhar

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm

this thread needs to come back

entirely new brand to me seems relevant:
WATCH THE VIMEO VIDEOS

I am putting selections of the brand here, check them out because they make a lot of cool stuff.

edit: @smiles posted a bit on them earlier

Kit Neale

FW12

SS13

AW13

SS14

this post was last edited: today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my old signature only had 85000 views
ramdomthought

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 am

Some OG, Galliano F/W 2004:

Defo see some influence from this on Nasir Mazhar

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Sam » Tue May 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Sam

Postby stappard_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:10 am

stappard_

Postby germinal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:51 am

germinal
Garminlad

Re: gay thug club wear [no one knows I'm gay]

Postby Sam » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Found out about a brand call Cottweiler like 20 mins ago, some fairly cool stuff. Loving their lookbooks cos they're just quite funny imo

I like the hands down the trousers ones the best because that is literally what scallies/working class youth do. They stick their hands down their pants. I don't know why, their trackie bottoms have pockets. They really get them down there I have absolutely no clue as to why, maybe it keeps their hands warm.. Anyway.

Loving the all white translucent stuff, the cap totally makes the look I think, just a really great take on what working class youth wear

Also this is FKA Twigs in some custom cottie, she looks fucking amazing (as per)

Sam

Postby germinal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 am

more Galliano, s/s 2001

germinal
Garminlad

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:02 pm

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby deadkitty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:40 am

misc stuff from joseph turvey's instagram (@josephturvey)

space
master
deadkitty

Postby deadkitty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:45 am

ps who even stocks turvey??? been searching for a minute

space
master
deadkitty

Postby CleanThug » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:35 am

Astrid looks nothing like I would imagine

Lol @ craig green

CleanThug

Postby dysfunctionalism » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:41 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
some D.TT.K aka DETTOK

gotta keep it clean
dysfunctionalism

Postby arcticsound » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:34 am

Lab & ID
Helped out at their TOM pop-up shop a bit this week, some fun stuff.

arcticsound

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Lou Stoppard interviews Nasir Mazhar

really interesting.

Sam

Postby Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Skepta and Nasir.

Skepta wears the bully hat so well, looks like it was made for him.

Sam

Postby maj » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Major General John "Hacks" Dunning (Viscount Windsor) aka peak angry nerd
maj

Postby Sam » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:58 pm

lovely shot of nas

Sam

Postby stappard_ » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Cooly G

stappard_

Postby Sam » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Short overview of Gosha.

Just kids: how Gosha Rubchinskiy caught the spirit of a generation
With his pioneering fashion designs, Gosha Rubchinskiy defined an aesthetic for post-Soviet youth. When he picked up a camera, he captured its essence

Gosha Rubchinskiy is without a doubt the most internationally recognised fashion designer to have come out of Russia. He has admirers all over the world from New York to Tokyo and stockists in all the major world capitals. He has had a runway show in Paris, collaborations with Supreme and Vans and the production support of Comme des Garçons. Rubchinskiy hasn’t earned all this through his skill as a designer: he never had a professional education and started with a couple of sweatshirts and a show in a former Soviet sports hall. He owes everything he has achieved to his artistic vision. He came from a country that barely had any youth culture before the 1990s and managed to created an irresistible image of youth that was universal, but completely new. And as a photographer and filmmaker as well as a fashion designer, he is a rare example of a multi-disciplinary storyteller.

Spoiler:

Gosha Rubchinskiy’s zine Crimea / Kids

This August, the London-based Idea Books published Rubchinskiy's new zine Crimea/Kids. It’s already sought after — all 300 numbered copies sold out at his recent talk at the ICA. The zine opens with a black and white photo of two kids with skateboards, barely 13 years old, thoughtful expressions frozen on their faces. Their facial expressions are so pure that, minus the sweatshirts and vans, they could be two young philosophers resting on the porch in ancient Athens. The image is followed by breathtakingly cinematic landscapes: blue sea and graffiti-covered piers, high-rises towering by lean cypress trees, blossoms and Soviet relics. All this fading melancholic glory serves as a playground for Rubchinskiy's kids: friends, boys and girls from his campaigns, skaters, all forms and shapes of youth, smoking, falling over, idling and posing — captured with a clarity he’s never achieved before.

Raising the topic of Crimea during the Russia-Ukraine crisis is far from jumping on the bandwagon of the news agenda. For Rubchinskiy it’s a deeply personal matter. He’s been in love with the Crimean resort of Yalta since 2011, frequently shooting the local street art scene. A lookbook for his Autumn-Winter 2013 collection was also shot in Yalta, with local kids as models. Last summer he wrote about Crimea for the Russian edition of Interview magazine: "Crimea has a unique atmosphere. On the one hand, it is full of the right kind of nostalgia, like in Tarkovsky films; on the other hand, sometimes it looks like LA.” For many Russians born in the 1980s, a journey to Crimea, which was a thriving holiday destination during Soviet times, is a way of discovering their past. This ended abruptly earlier this year when the past suddenly became present again. Rubchinskiy’s Crimea/Kids is a deeply personal love letter to a place that will never be the same, an artefact preserving something fragile and ephemeral, like adolescence itself. It’s not just sad, but infinitely reassuring, as it suggests that youth will always have the power to prevail over what is old and evil.

Spoiler:

Rubchinskiy first got interested in photography while still at school, where he was influenced by the new Russian magazines OM and Ptuch, which were similar to the underground style bible Dazed and Confused. “I was reading OM and Ptuch after school and I really wanted to be in these magazines. So I was thinking about ways to get into the pages, and started doing styling and photography. Then I met skateboarders and they became my heroes. All I did since then is for them and about them,” he explained. Like many photographers who defined the 20th century on film, such as Larry Clark and Nan Goldin, Rubchinskiy started by photographing his friends. Later he moved towards finding new interesting characters who then inevitably became his friends too. His photographic approach is about establishing trust but also, somehow, about removing yourself from the image. Juxtaposed with statues and classical paintings, his boys and girls quite often gaze somewhere else, oblivious to the fact they are being photographed. This creates invisible distance, bringing the space and weight of their unknown thoughts into the frame.

Rubchinskiy often emphasises that photographic practice and design have always been equal parts of his creative process. In 2011, frustrated by the difficulties of fashion production in Russia and not yet supported by Comme des Garçons, he took a break from fashion for a year to work on photography and video. The break resulted in a film and a photography book, both called Transfiguration. The original print of the book sold out ages ago, and the new version printed in Japan costs $130. The film was screened during Rubchinskiy’s talk at the ICA, and although he confessed that he would do it completely differently if he were to do it again, it still gives a great insight into his world — one that he both captured and created.

In recent years Russia has seen a great rise of independent designers setting up studios in their bedrooms and incorporating bits of Rubchinskiy’s design DNA: from Moscow underground stars like Panika Derevya and Standard Deviation, to DIY streetwear makers like Anton Lisin and Sputnik 1985, to London-based label ZDDZ which is currently conquering New York. The guys making socks with names of Moscow suburban districts like Yasenevo on them got the message: you can do it too. Rubchinskiy’s impact on Russian visual culture was equally crucial: young photographers, lots of them children of the 1990s, started exploring the desolate landscapes of their adolescence, knowing that the world would be interested. Through Rubchinskiy’s lens, teenage boys hanging out in a skate park in St Petersburg suddenly got a full house at the ICA.

Transfiguration was filmed in summer 2011 in St Petersburg, at the newly opened New Holland. At the time the future building site for Dasha Zhukova’s ambitious art project looked like a giant patch of grass surrounded by water and the decaying remains of brick military warehouses. There were a few metallic storage containers for pop-up shops and art residences, and there was one with a skating ramp meant for Rubchinskiy. He shot plenty of material around that ramp: tricks, falls, impromptu gigs. It's easy to spot Rubchinskiy's visual signature: skating, the sea at Sestroretsk outside St Petersburg, classical statues and paintings, close-up video portraits. But there is something personal which would never be visible in stills: Rubchinskiy's voice from behind the camera and the awkward dialogue of the film's 14-year-old protagonist. And when the kid asks the designer what was your dream at 14, Rubchinskiy confesses: “I forgot. My dreams are changing all the time."

Spoiler:

Rubchinskiy's success as designer and visual artist definitely had to do with his artistic output but it was also about being in the right place and the right time. In Russia, Rubchinskiy is a pioneer of youth culture, and his impact could only be compared to that of Raf Simons with his The Fourth Sex: Adolescent Extremes. They both captured and legitimised something about being, looking and acting young, something of the special moment of adolescence in relation to culture. Rubchinskiy did it in a more localised form: he captured the emerging post-Soviet youth against the backdrop of a crumbling empire — something the world had never seen before. He did it, at the same time, in a universal visual language: his kids, even if they're clutching a Lenin bust, are cousins of Hedi Slimane's California surfers or the Copenhagen punks in Lust for Youth videos.

But above all, Rubchinskiy’s work talks to everyone because it is largely about capturing the ephemeral. He met one of his favourite subjects, Tolik, when the latter was just 14, and this year he opened and closed Rubchinskiy's show in Paris. In Rubchinskiy's visual work you could see Tolik growing up, getting rid of his beautiful hair and shaving his head, maturing, changing. Sadly, Tolik will never be 14 again. But in a way he always will be. In Rubchinskiy's photographs kids always have faces as timeless as museum statues. Transforming the ephemeral into the timeless is what he does best.

http://calvertjournal.com/features/show ... EqrmfldXQh

Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:43 am

Neelam Gill

Sam

Re: RU a chivster? #GTCW [no one knows I'm gay]

Postby maj » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 am

nasir and cottwiler now stocked in autograph

http://www.autographmenswear.com/nasir-mazhar-m280

http://www.autographmenswear.com/cottweiler-m281

i can now walk stright from flannels to autograph to the bankrupcy firm in less than an hour.

maj

Postby maj » Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Finally went to autograph today, checked them both out.

The nasir garms are just so unreal, the shirts which on the web look like they could be made by George asda are phenomenal, the buttons are so crisp, the fabric is weighty and the layers and buttoned panels leave you unsure what's a pocket and what's just a panel. The story is the same for sweats, tees and trackies, leaves the whole lot feeling really quite special. In an interview nasir talks about if you make a nice pair of trousers they're just that, nice trousers out of nice fabrics what is really the challenge is taking those two legged trousers and making something that feels totally new, these clothes do that for me. With that said it could be said all he ls done is add unesecerry shit on sweats if your glass is half empty.

I tried on the holster sweat and it instantly made me want to spend 50 years wages on it, the flaps, the embroidery and that holster clasp!!! Makes you feel like you're wearing multiple layers and pieces but it's all one garment.

As for cottwiler, they're nice tracksuits. Bout it.

Autographs sa's are also terrible. If I ask you for a large and you suggest a m ok, if I ask you 4 times don't insist I want an m.

maj

Postby trasparenti » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:42 am

Really big fan of Shaun Samson, especially the oversized tops.

been looking for a hockey top on and off for a while, just so pricey

AKA multiwatered
@trasparenti
http://edwina-horl.tumblr.com/
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm

uhhh didn't know where to post this and this thread feels like the best fit

edit: @ramseames @thephfactor lol fetish art by andy warlord

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:27 am

probably the first music video where i recall seeing clothes that fit this thread's aesthetic (before i even knew what exactly it was)

skirting a fine line between that played out edgy neo streetwear fuccboi-ism and just flat out wonky pieces, but i thought the katie eary lobster shirt might count for something

Last edited by rjbman on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube link (just the v= part)
Julio

Previous

Return to Tags