random fashion jersey tucks

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby deadkitty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 pm

can't forget this one

So he says this next thing, and it doesn’t come off as lascivious, the way it might have years ago, but thoughtful and aware: Yes, he says, all men should be penetrated at some point. And not as in emotions. He means: All men should be fucked. “I think it would help them understand women,” he argues.

space
master
deadkitty

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 am

havent read but i think the tone of the interview is failing to convey the air of heavy humour/playfulness that underlies pretty much everything he says when you meet him in person. (doing bela's job for him here but w/e)

pirxthepilot

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:11 pm

veg tanned vans

rip hender scheme why even try

this post was last edited: today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my old signature only had 85000 views
ramdomthought

Postby trasparenti » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:04 pm

AKA multiwatered
@trasparenti
http://edwina-horl.tumblr.com/
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby oucho » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm

I feel like Galliano at Margiela is pretty good to be honest

oucho

Location:          ⃝     ⃝              ⃝     ⃝              ⃝      ⃝            ⃝          ⃝    ⃝

Postby oucho » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Also I wasn't saying that Nick Knight was appropriating digital art, just that it's funny that he is inspired by a digital art movement that was closely linked with advertising and very gimmicky, and not only that but his participation in it seemed completely derivative and poorly executed. It just seems funny that an extremely successful fashion photographer would be so influenced by completely mundane work!

oucho

Location:          ⃝     ⃝              ⃝     ⃝              ⃝      ⃝            ⃝          ⃝    ⃝

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 pm

doesn't surprise me, im sure he just doesn't frequent all the hydrating subculture forums where those forms are already (lol!) played out.
you have to understand how different the mindset is. i was at a dinner last night organised by the palais de tokyo so reasonably big name artists/curators in their 40s/50s and was the only person at the table who uses the internet for anything but booking flights. or thought the internet has basically any cultural resonance/value at all. (this is actually quite enjoyable as i get to play the role of sulky web teen)

pirxthepilot

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Sometimes I feel like a really big hypebeast. Often when looking for clothes I still think of how much of a "flex" something would be if I were to buy it. Granted literally no one(actually two people would) in my real life would get it or care. I got into "The Game" through Supreme so that might be part of it.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.
http://idreamoftheapocalypse.tumblr.com/
Also consider checking out my music.
https://soundcloud.com/garbagepail
ASTROCHIMP

Postby jujumaster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:29 pm

jujumaster

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:44 pm

mc-lunar

Postby freddy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:46 pm

What detergent do y'all fashion ballers use?

4me: Aesop and Woolite black

freddy

Postby adiabatic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 am

freddy wrote:What detergent do y'all fashion ballers use?

Tide Free HE.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:19 am

freddy wrote:What detergent do y'all fashion ballers use?

Whatever my mother gave me... It's Tide pods.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.
http://idreamoftheapocalypse.tumblr.com/
Also consider checking out my music.
https://soundcloud.com/garbagepail
ASTROCHIMP

Postby odradek » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am

all unscented

odradek

Postby chadnik » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Soak for woolens/delicates, game changer

chadnik

Postby jujumaster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:20 am

What happened to Jil Sander these days? Its a total flop. Could be worse I suppose, could be Helmut Lang.

jujumaster

Postby bels » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:27 am

it got "design teamed"

Named designer at own label > Named designer at another label > Design Team

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I'm wrong and Jil Sander has a named designer at the moment.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:38 pm

this would be a cool / affordable cozy chunky half zip fleece if it wasn't for the dumb logo
Spoiler:
(although i'm still kinda tempted)

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:50 pm

You can get cozy affordable zip fleece literally everywhere(eBay the outdoors brand of your choice). Do not buy that one

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Spoiler:

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Or maybe you shouldn't be buying fleece at all

http://www.patagonia.com/blog/2016/06/w ... the-ocean/

(If you wash it)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Peoria » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:40 pm

trying to clean out my wardrobe to let in room for new things but i need to properly have a "let go of my clothing" session to get stuff that i'll actually wear and am not too scared to put on my body

it's been pretty hard but im workin on it

CHEERS
P
Peoria

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:45 am

whenever I start feeling a little selfish, I remember that there's no such thing as "fair" and that the universe doesn't care if any of us live or die
fun_yunchables

Postby rublev » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Crocodiles (and Polo Ponies) Go Missing as Scalpel-Wielding Consumers Revolt - Wall Street Journal

Since its debut in 1926, the Lacoste crocodile has adorned polo shirts on everyone from the brand’s tennis-star founder to President John F. Kennedy.

Yet you won’t likely find one on Max Ilich. The 47-year-old consultant has extracted the iconic reptilian from at least 10 of his Lacoste shirts. “It’s a tricky surgery,” he said. “But I was pleased with the results.”

Mr. Ilich, who lives in Hampton, N.H., borrowed a scalpel from an ex-girlfriend, a surgeon, to cut out the embroidered crocodile without tearing through the fabric. Then he washed the shirts about four times to hide his work.

Spoiler:
He wears Lacoste shirts because of their quality but finds logos “pretentious,” he said, and resents being used as a marketing platform.

“Why would I do someone else’s advertising for free?” Mr. Ilich said.

A branding backlash has some people working hard to remove logos and names from their clothes and accessories. Blogs and online discussion forums offer tips on scratching off the Ray-Ban logo from lenses, peeling away the Ralph Lauren emblem from new pairs of leather shoes and using a felt-tip marker to hide the Under Armour symbol on sports gear.

For embroidered logos, some brand-phobics use a seam ripper—a small tool for unpicking stitches—but the method is time consuming. Each thread has to be pulled out carefully to keep the underlying fabric pristine.

Vinyl logos attached to sportswear are particularly challenging. Some people have tried to dissolve them with nail polish remover. Others just wear the garments inside out.

“This isn’t a trend we’re seeing with Ray-Ban,” said a spokesperson with Luxottica, the company that owns the brand. Ralph Lauren and Under Armour declined to comment.

In the 1990s and 2000s, consumers flashed brand names with pride. Some shoppers now, though, shun such uniformity and prefer unlabeled clothing, which has prompted a few logo-heavy brands to shift course.

“Nobody wants to be branded anymore,” said Aaron Levine, head designer for Abercrombie & Fitch.

Gabrielle Gutierrez, 33 years old, said Abercrombie shirts were an ideal fit, but she didn’t want to display the brand’s moose insignia. “It was a bit of a dilemma,” said the neuroscientist, who lives in Seattle.

Ms. Gutierrez said she learned one way to “de-Abercrombie-ify” her shirts. She bought iron-on patches from the clearance bin at a Jo-Ann fabric store to cover the Abercrombie moose. Her shirts now have eyeballs, smiley faces and palm trees, a style she described as “personalized and subversive.”

Abercrombie recently launched a marketing campaign and changed its logo to cultivate a new image for its clothing line, after its highly sexualized branding began to alienate too many buyers.

Ms. Gutierrez hasn’t revisited an Abercrombie store since the change. She stopped shopping there because the logo kept getting “bigger and bigger,” she said. “It became impossible to cover.”

Research shows that midtier brands often have the loudest logos because their buyers want to signal wealth. Seasoned luxury shoppers may prefer more subtle branding.

“People in the know can recognize a high-end brand from the little things such as the stitching,” said Barbara Kahn, a marketing professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, who dismissed logo removal as “ludicrous.”

Discerning shoppers who can identify a Brooks Brothers shirt from the six-pleat shirring at the cuffs or an Alden loafer from its distinctive stitching are “part of your tribe,” said Jerrod Swanton, age 37, of Springfield, Ohio.

He writes a clothes blog called Oxford Cloth Button Down and said he prefers not to advertise how much he spends on clothing or where he shops. “It is becoming more and more challenging to find articles of clothing without the logos,” Mr. Swanton said.

He and several of his blog readers shared their disapproval, for example, when Brooks Brothers added a logo to one of its classic sweaters.

“Some styles come with logo and others without,” said Arthur Wayne, a spokesman for Brooks Brothers. “We leave it to the customer to decide.”

Lacoste was a pioneer in logo-branded clothing. By the 1980s, its shirts had become staples of preppy wardrobes, and its tiny green crocodiles seemed to spawn Ralph Lauren ponies, Tommy Bahama marlins and Abercrombie’s moose.

Professional tennis player Rene Lacoste was nicknamed “The Crocodile” after he won an alligator-skin suitcase in a wager with the French Davis Cup captain, the company said, and the logo first appeared on his blazer.

Nothing personal, Mr. Ilich said, but he just doesn’t want it showing on his Lacoste shirts.

Lacoste said no executive was available to comment.

Jeff Taxdahl, owner of Thread Logic, a custom logo embroidery company based in Minneapolis, has a warning for logo tamperers. “Unless you’re fairly skilled at it, you would destroy the shirt,” he said. “And once you get the threads out, the outline of the image may still exist due to the needle holes.”

That is a risk some shoppers are willing to take. Ian Connel, 33 years old, who lives near St. Paul, Minn., said he tried it out on an Abercrombie shirt.

“I don’t want to be seen in their stores, let alone wear the moose,” he said, though he likes the brand’s snug fit.

He turned the shirt inside out and painstakingly removed each thread. “It has a few small holes,” he said, “but it’s still better than having the logo.”

rublev
Political Editor

Postby adiabatic » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:56 am

I came back from watching Rogue One. I'm calling it now: the next fashion trend is gonna be metal pens and flashlights in narrow, deep pockets near shoulders.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby jujumaster » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:32 pm

one last before Xmas.

feeling Andrea Pompilio SS17, that 70s typewriter nerd by day who rocks the b boy stance and busts sick headspins by night

jujumaster

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:54 pm

I wish Muji would expand its fashion branch in the UK more. Had a proper look in the Soho store for the first time today and it was pretty much like Uniqlo but with much nicer feeling fabrics for the same price. Obviously, lots of people would be into this but you have to go all the way to a store or buy from a limited inventory from the .de site to get any pieces.

There's a really nice long, shawl cardigan on sale there right now that I kind of wish I'd bought.

edit: ok maybe not the same price but only a bit more

DeafIdiotGod

Postby bels » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Think that they have stopped doing labo too.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:15 am

all profits go to sharek youth forum (ngo based in ramallah) but idk this still makes me uncomfortable

article here and here

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:14 pm

my mum got me some boxers which say "SPORTS CLASSICS" on the band, i was shocked she knew of and that i like Christopher shannon

Major General John "Hacks" Dunning (Viscount Windsor) aka peak angry nerd
maj

PreviousNext

Return to Tags