boring life updates

off topic
soj

boring life updates

Post by soj »

talk about things that nobody except your mom cares about (your dad makes an effort but it's clear he only half-listens). did you just get a promotion at work and feel like you probably don't actually deserve it? did you recently decide to go veg but already failed? have you started an etsy shop and people are actually buying things? did you start volunteering somewhere and feel pretty good about yourself? this is distinct from ramdom thoughts because these are meant to be boring and not insightful or funny at all.
rjbman
Site Admin

Re: boring life updates

Post by rjbman »

i am volunteering for a local petition group that is trying to remove the stupid ass occupancy laws (3 unrelated people no matter the size) and replace it with an extremely moderate 1 per bedroom + 1 person, and while i have never seen such fucking vitriol from entitled old people who think they are the only ones who should get to live here, i am very thrilled that we have collected enough signatures to get on the ballot in the fall
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
freddy

Post by freddy »

Life is boring and stable now, which is a good thing in of itself. I think I can put the past mental health behind me and start a new chapter. I’m just perplexed and stumped as to where I want to take my life in terms of purpose. Sometimes I feel like I’m sitting on a winning lottery ticket with recovery but I’m too afraid to cash in on it like Will Hunting.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

rjbman wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 am i am volunteering for a local petition group that is trying to remove the stupid ass occupancy laws (3 unrelated people no matter the size) and replace it with an extremely moderate 1 per bedroom + 1 person, and while i have never seen such fucking vitriol from entitled old people who think they are the only ones who should get to live here, i am very thrilled that we have collected enough signatures to get on the ballot in the fall
yea so this did end up losing but we (progressive / pro growth side) took a majority of council seats between this and 2023, and statewide occupancy limits were banned earlier this year. so... lost the battle, won the war?
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

Got robbed. Switching to Rekordbox. This shit feels likeI'm in 2050. Fuck Traktor
soj

Post by soj »

i'd been effectively unemployed for some time (in grad school) and now i'm effectively unemployed again (taking contracts). i've become too used to not having to clock in anywhere i don't know that i'll be able to adapt if i ever get a corporate job again. maybe my end game is starting a company or something--i think i can sufficiently larp as a techno-optimist that i could pull it off.

in the meantime i'm selling myself as a dirt cheap swe contractor for early stage start-ups who don't care about process and will let me hack shit together for them. i have two contracts so far, and am talking to two other companies. i am having fun at my job! what a world--