Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby soko » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 pm

So I may be moving to Vancouver for two or three months and I know two people there, is there anyone who lives in van up to hang sometime???

soko

Postby parastexis » Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

going to budapest and krakow next week, hit me with any suggestions i can do while perpetually drunk/hungover

parastexis

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm going to (all over) Denmark (and Sweden and perhaps elsewhere) next month;

what would you do if you were in Denmark?
what would you listen to if you were driving in Denmark with your mother?
she's not into music crit but, I mean, she just read the wind-up bird chronicle so there's hope for her yet

edit: it's my 4th time being there so i've seen much of copenhagen, been around odense and aarhus, many of the cultural landmarks like legoland, tivoli gardens, ARoS and norse store.

popcorn

Postby costanza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:44 am

I'm going to travel Europe starting this Tuesday the 15th. My plan is to visit Cologne, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Sofia, Ankara, Ljubljana, Kraków and I'll be traveling for a month. If anyone lives around these parts and want to meet up that would be really fun! I'm going to couchsurf as much as possible so if you have a couch I can borrow that's great. If you live somewhere else and want to meet I'm sure we can arrange something, I'm traveling with an interrail card so I feel pretty flexible and open to spontaneous changes of plans.

If you have any suggestions of buildings (preferably modernist) or restaurants, shops w/e please recommend me!

costanza

Postby Dobwin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Going to Seattle for the first time next week, any places or things I should see while I'm there? I want to do some kayaking in this sound.

Dobwin

Postby ptozzi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 am

Dobwin wrote:Going to Seattle for the first time next week, any places or things I should see while I'm there? I want to do some kayaking in this sound.

I was just in Seattle two weeks ago, albeit for only two days. Still got some suggestions

Food:
-Il Corvo (get on line around 10:30 if you wanna be one of the first 10 people inside)
-Ivar's (the fast food part not the actual restaurant. be sure to feed the seagulls french fries)
-Biscuit Bitch (breakfast joint)
-Shug's (good ice cream)

Things to See:
-Chihuly Museum (blown glass in case you don't know)
-Space Needle (right next to the Chihuly, just looking at it is probably enough)

Also the Ebbets Field Flannels store is in Seattle so go buy a cool hat.

ptozzi

Postby posh_somme » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 pm

headed to rome with my partner at the end of september, what should we check out? restaurants, museums, shops, streets, parks, anything

posh_somme

Postby E.T. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm

I'll be in Austin visiting and I have some time to kill during the day, anyone have any rec's for coffee shops/stores/good walks?

E.T.

Postby Ques » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 am

E.T. wrote:I'll be in Austin visiting and I have some time to kill during the day, anyone have any rec's for coffee shops/stores/good walks?

my favorite coffee shop is medici caffe which is on west lynn, iirc. they should have breakfast tacos from taco deli if you go on the earlier side, too. i recommend walking around town lake; it's lovely and has nice people watching

stores are all meh, unless you're coming from somewhere absolutely boring; in that case, by george is ok

Ques

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

going to be in melbourne in december (12-15) for a conference, then sticking around for a little bit after (maybe until the 20th or so, then going to hong kong after probably!). (down to hang x-post to care meets)

several questions for australia people/people very familiar with australia. thanks in advance

1. melbourne recommendations for coffee, music, design, art, architecture stuff? and vegan joints please!!!
2. perth worth going for arts & culture? noticed that a lot of music comes out of perth -- big music city at all?
3. is one week too long for just melbourne? i've been to sydney and melbourne (and cairns) before, but i wasn't as into the same stuff at the time. dunno if its worth the trip out still.

whenever I start feeling a little selfish, I remember that there's no such thing as "fair" and that the universe doesn't care if any of us live or die
fun_yunchables

Postby vgtbls » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am

I will be in LONDON 9/21-9/27. I will be staying in the NORTH part of the city, Finsbury Park area. I love recommendations, because left to my own devices I will become trapped in the FATBERG

vgtbls

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:57 am

Wish I was around to meet you! We are away getting hitched and we have a popup in the studio so we dont even have our gear out!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby australia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:19 am

fun_yunchables wrote:going to be in melbourne in december (12-15) for a conference, then sticking around for a little bit after (maybe until the 20th or so, then going to hong kong after probably!). (down to hang x-post to care meets)

several questions for australia people/people very familiar with australia. thanks in advance

1. melbourne recommendations for coffee, music, design, art, architecture stuff? and vegan joints please!!!
2. perth worth going for arts & culture? noticed that a lot of music comes out of perth -- big music city at all?
3. is one week too long for just melbourne? i've been to sydney and melbourne (and cairns) before, but i wasn't as into the same stuff at the time. dunno if its worth the trip out still.

hey man i can give you some recommendations if you still need?

melbourne in december is fun, i think a week is a really cool amount of time to experience the CBD, inner city suburbs and then possibly head on some day trips/overnights to the hills/beach/great ocean road etc.

australia

Postby duane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 pm

in tribeca with the bf :woop:

Spoiler:
he flexed on me too hard in soho

duane

Postby g2x222 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 pm

i'll be in berlin next week, any recs would be appreciated!! (and if anyone lives there and wants to hang, that'd be fun too!)

g2x222

Previous

Return to Care