Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby soko » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 pm

So I may be moving to Vancouver for two or three months and I know two people there, is there anyone who lives in van up to hang sometime???

soko

Postby parastexis » Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

going to budapest and krakow next week, hit me with any suggestions i can do while perpetually drunk/hungover

parastexis

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm going to (all over) Denmark (and Sweden and perhaps elsewhere) next month;

what would you do if you were in Denmark?
what would you listen to if you were driving in Denmark with your mother?
she's not into music crit but, I mean, she just read the wind-up bird chronicle so there's hope for her yet

edit: it's my 4th time being there so i've seen much of copenhagen, been around odense and aarhus, many of the cultural landmarks like legoland, tivoli gardens, ARoS and norse store.

popcorn

Postby costanza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:44 am

I'm going to travel Europe starting this Tuesday the 15th. My plan is to visit Cologne, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Sofia, Ankara, Ljubljana, Kraków and I'll be traveling for a month. If anyone lives around these parts and want to meet up that would be really fun! I'm going to couchsurf as much as possible so if you have a couch I can borrow that's great. If you live somewhere else and want to meet I'm sure we can arrange something, I'm traveling with an interrail card so I feel pretty flexible and open to spontaneous changes of plans.

If you have any suggestions of buildings (preferably modernist) or restaurants, shops w/e please recommend me!

costanza

Postby Dobwin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Going to Seattle for the first time next week, any places or things I should see while I'm there? I want to do some kayaking in this sound.

Dobwin

Postby ptozzi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 am

Dobwin wrote:Going to Seattle for the first time next week, any places or things I should see while I'm there? I want to do some kayaking in this sound.

I was just in Seattle two weeks ago, albeit for only two days. Still got some suggestions

Food:
-Il Corvo (get on line around 10:30 if you wanna be one of the first 10 people inside)
-Ivar's (the fast food part not the actual restaurant. be sure to feed the seagulls french fries)
-Biscuit Bitch (breakfast joint)
-Shug's (good ice cream)

Things to See:
-Chihuly Museum (blown glass in case you don't know)
-Space Needle (right next to the Chihuly, just looking at it is probably enough)

Also the Ebbets Field Flannels store is in Seattle so go buy a cool hat.

ptozzi

Previous

Return to Care