Post by phil »

my all time fav thread

maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Re: me on a date

Post by maj »

what did yall do for ur digital valentines

i sent mine a jellycat husky with a small note which recalled last years V day in which i took her to a no reservation restaurant and the "trendy co-op for cans by the canal"

her re-action was "co-op? im not going in a co-op"

"trust me its sweet"

and to her credit, she trusted me although enjoyed negging me for it

we entered the gentrified co-op with the largest selection of craft brew and mixers in town, and places to sit, she instantly lit up, was a good play on my part, we had a relaxing time with a hug on the bench by the canal while we waited for our table at the Vietnamese restaurant

i was wearing my eg jacket, straight cut jeans and boots, a snake skin shirt

informal but fitting for the part of town, and the expectations of my date,

i look forward to going on more dates post covid, truly, have missed them
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

Is this a memes thread or a feelings thread?

Regardless, after a protracted breakup, my ex moved out of our shared apartment in January 2020. The next two months were probably the first time in my life that I've ever actually enjoyed being single, as I was able to go on a bunch of low-stakes first dates with people and it never really got weird in a way that a lot of early dates in my 20s did. This is trite, but the dating scene for straight guys in their 30s with decent jobs in NYC (even if they're neurotic weirdos) is way better than anything I've previously encountered.

Then COVID came and I lost a year of my life. Trying to maintain any kind of sustained chatter over dating apps without the prospect of meeting is really difficult for me, as is the fact that any date I went on felt like it required a decontamination shower and two weeks of isolation afterwards before I could meet anyone new.

I too am looking forward to going on dates again in a post-pandemic world. The ability to drop into a random bar and lose several hours in conversation with someone you just met is the kind of thing I never would have considered important before but now I am desperate to get back.
“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

cameron

Post by cameron »

skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

judging from responses in this thread i would date v few of you
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

one time on a first date i tried to explain to someone who barely knew what "yugioh" was why this youtube video is really funny

there was no second date
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

lionfir44 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:44 am one time on a first date i tried to explain to someone who barely knew what "yugioh" was why this youtube video is really funny

there was no second date
that's your date's loss imo
this video is great and reminded me of this

i was pretty lucky tbh, my first date with my girlfriend somehow turned into a conversation about kung pow and she apparently thought it was a hilariously stupid movie too. working out v good thus far
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

First date:

Carnitas, al pastor, I'm having buche. It's LA so someone at the restaurant is rocking guidi alyx whatever. I'm tasteful in my nonnative guidi, parking my Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel with expert precision honed from the past few turbulent years in California. Really I was doing a humanities project in the Owens Valley on LA county water policy that went horribly wrong but the grant money can be twisted toward interesting ends in the name of "utility." My date makes a comment about the big ostentatious truck she just saw outside, penis size joke, and who buys a matte blue truck? Besides, those little trucks are waaay cuter and still have "yeehaw vibes" and such—I'm too ashamed to admit I have a truck, so I tell her I longboarded behind a wayward Ambulnz on the way to the date. I think she believes me. We are drinking Russian River Pliny da Younger before downing a Two-Hearted ale. Because it's "elevated Mexican" (?elevated?) they replace stock table corn chips with some kind of dipping implement that resembles Bugles. Date goes horribly; I feign knee sublux, drive very conspicuously away in eyeshot of date, increased heartrate + post hardcore on the stereo induces shock-like state. I blast through a divider and crash into the Los Angeles aqueduct, swollen from the Owens River. Unfortunately the extreme weight of my Lady White Co. 50's t shirt and Camber DonkWaffle hoodie pulls me under the surface. My final thoughts gloss over how the leather soles of my shoes are supposed to act like cardboard when wet...
Mojave
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

I will never put my sword down
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »