back to the kitchen, that pyrex vision

off topic
pudgytaco

Re: back to the kitchen, that pyrex vision

Post by pudgytaco »

definitely oyakodon, i always have chicken, egg, onion, and rice on hand. i never have dashi so add some msg or it's fine without it
judith_pancake

Post by judith_pancake »

re: easy shit

i call this one lazy bitch tom kha

1) wash and put sticky rice in rice cooker

2) slice onion(eyebrows not rainbows), bash lemongrass, slice a tomato. sauté for a minute. add coconut milk and vegetable stock from freezer. balance with shoyu/miri/palm sugar/whatever

3) add cubed tofu and sautéed sliced mushrooms. if no lemongrass add hella lemon zest.

4) squeeze like 4 limes into soup. top with pile of coriander, sliced serrano chilis, and chili oil.
bbenjjii

Post by bbenjjii »

I've made like 1 thing off it so I can't vouch for everything,, but my favorite Fast+Vegan recipe website to tell ppl about at least is "The Vegan Stoner"
(the idea being that when he's high, he wants delicious vegan food asap)
DeafIdiotGod

Post by DeafIdiotGod »

Very nice way to have some leftover curry is to make a sort of eggy Kathi roll out of it. Get a frozen chapati/paratha, cook it until mostly done then put a scrambled egg (seasoned) on top and flip over until it's cooked onto the bread after a few secs forming an eggy lining (egg will spill out, just tuck it under). Put some curry (or whatever you like) on the egg side and wrap.

foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

I recommend Made with Lau, both their site and yt channel. This recipe was awesome and quick. https://madewithlau.com/recipes/eggplan ... rlic-sauce
bbenjjii

Post by bbenjjii »

another recipe website, which I heard was good if you have an "Instant Pot Pressure Cooker" (I don't have one so again, I can't really vouch for anything here.. but some user i follow on tumblr recommended them soo.... ????) ... wait anyways the website is this - www.pressurecookrecipes.com
cthelll

Post by cthelll »

I've been trying to get better at baking, but without fail every single recipe calls for less water than (it seems like) is necessary to achieve the desired dough texture/shape and I always have to add more, sometimes just a little, sometimes half a cup. Am I making a noob mistake somewhere or is this one of those recipe lies like "caramelize onions (5-10 minutes)"
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

cthelll wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:48 am I've been trying to get better at baking, but without fail every single recipe calls for less water than (it seems like) is necessary to achieve the desired dough texture/shape and I always have to add more, sometimes just a little, sometimes half a cup. Am I making a noob mistake somewhere or is this one of those recipe lies like "caramelize onions (5-10 minutes)"
im just an amateur baker but one thing i always notice is that depending on ur environment (and seasonality) you can add a bit more water or not (whether its dry or humid).

also one other thing is it sounds like u are using volumetric measurements (cup), and flour especially can be sensitive in volume. a packed down cup of flour is not the same amount (in volume) of flour when sifted. i tend to use mass measurements for more accuracy, but ymmv. anyways, this might also be a reason your water ratio seems off -- maybe you are using a little less flour than expected
freddy

Post by freddy »

Chicken wings in air fryer mode with Anova Precision oven. Got it during the summer with their 25% sale. Used distilled water as recommended.

It’s difficult to cook when I was in psychosis/manic, but Wi-Fi remote controlled cooking + cooks at a precise temperature so if don’t attend to it immediately it’s still Ftw 8-)

Downsides is that it takes up a lot of space, almost couldn’t fit it on the countertop next to the sink.
yljt

Post by yljt »

bumping this. what have we been cooking good people??? this is one of my fav chicken recipes https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/poulet-au-vinaigre
jrisk

Post by jrisk »

any meera sodha stans in the house? made this recently and it was extremely good. do not skip the chili crisp on top: https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/o ... eera-sodha