ParallaxisRemix

Re: music is life

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

Once again I'm faded to this song

CMYK

Post by CMYK »

Great Giant Swan mix:

@ryan can we get other embeds? and tags?
Last edited by rjbman on Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: soundcloud embed up in here
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

get me an embed example & i can see what i can do!
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

soundcloud / bandcamp embeds now available (albeit some weirdness with single track bandcamps)
deadkitty

Post by deadkitty »

ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

Triple Threat Tag Team 8-)

rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

spent the last couple days trying (& failing terribly) to reproduce the vibes of this song. what a masterpiece.

lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

listening to this front to back on average once or twice a day. will kraus basically plays drums first and foremost and then adds a few synths to compliment em, it's basically black pus but dream pop. also, heads up: the song "says" might make you think your speakers or headphones are blowing out but nope, that's just the song
Last edited by rjbman on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

does he play a blast beat
I will never put my sword down
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

listening to warning - watching from a distance. One of the saddest albums of all time for me
walks

Post by walks »

I think that "number one victory royale" fortnite song is unironically the best song of 2021.
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

Trench Witch wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 am does he play a blast beat
no, but when he plays live he's literally a one-man band which i think makes up for it

Last edited by rjbman on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed (just the XXXX part of v=XXX is needed)
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

had what passes for a bad day for me yesterday but I was wise enough to relisten to Loose Fur, the secret b-side to yankee hotel foxtrot

Last edited by thewisdomoftime on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

That kraus reminds me a bit of this. Maybe I'll make a separate thread for metal otherwise I will stink this one up and it'll become one
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

a nice little chicago skram/bedroom pop ep that came out last year, idk how to describe it other than that it kind of sounds like the brave little abacus
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I'm glad midwest emo now feels like the brave little abacus extended creative universe

here's some deepcuts, not sure if people on here love emo but all of these made me extremely happy to hear and are ones I'm actually reticent to share with people I don't care about

I put them in a spoiler at any rate
Spoiler:
our mouths to smile by home is where is my 11th 5/5 album over my 5 years on rateyourmusic,
I recommend trying track 2 Venison which is a staggering, hard-hitting harmonica-led thrill-ride, up there with pump fake by snowing in the running for my favorite emo song point blank, probably the most joyous

kudaranai1nichi are a pretty hardcore emo band that unfortunately-for-me has japanese lyrics but fortunately has astounding vocal performances, also they followed me back on twitter, I recommend trying track 7 which they translated as "True record! [Geek tears at a beautiful arpeggio]" on spotify, but the album's got some range

'Hey, ily' is the solo project of a member of the also good midwest emo band Rookie Card, they dropped this EP in february that I love a fair bit, track 4 is a little BLA-esque number but you may as well listen to all 12 minutes
Last edited by thewisdomoftime on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

i'm adding on to this long spoiler train of just listing off emo/folk artists you like. if the guy who wrote that long thing about raf ever did could do that then we can too.
Spoiler:
philadelphia. this (along with their previous album) is probably one of my favorite (relatively) local diy records of all time. i know doug (the main songwriter) a wee bit, and what's really interesting about this is that despite how delayed and dreamy it sounds the band combined only owns about two effects pedals. he's also started making breakbeat stuff for fun lately, most of which is up on his soundcloud page
[bandcamp]https://theyareguttingabodyofwater.band ... destiny-xl[/bandcamp]

another dude from philly doing really cool stuff, although he's been a little inactive lately. this whole album (along with his other ep of stuff that didn't quite make the cut) is pretty interesting, he's got a really unique voice, and it's really easy to get stuck listening to songs like "sand" and "i know" on repeat. also i think more artists should follow his lead close their albums out with a track thanking everyone who helped them put it together! so nice
[bandcamp]https://cooking.bandcamp.com/album/cooking-with-gas[/bandcamp]
[bandcamp]https://cooking.bandcamp.com/album/mcydees[/bandcamp]

this is acid_freek's (also from phil) twitch set organized by some people online with waveform and joyer (among others), and even though everyone else played well these guys just came completely out of left field and blew everyone away. all they have up is a demo tape on bandcamp that sounds a little out of key at times, but they're coming out with a new ep very soon. worth keeping tabs on

this is a split ep from two artists i greatly enjoy. idk about dearly somber but i used to hang out at dani from harvey waters' house a lot back before covid and let me tell you it is a MIRACLE that they managed to make their half of the ep sound so crisp given the state of the basement they recorded it in. also half of this split is just the bands covering each others' songs, feels like a big hug.
[bandcamp]https://dearlysomber.bandcamp.com/album ... vey-waters[/bandcamp]