Re: music is life

Post by Trench Witch »

is eastern youth midwest emo? seems kind of sad to me
I will never put my sword down
lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

Trench Witch wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:33 pm is eastern youth midwest emo? seems kind of sad to me
never heard of em before but i've been listening to them for like 1.5 hour thanks to your recommendation. they're as old as, like, rites of spring, AND they have an album cover that's like the william bonney one but... with HORNS?? yep they get the pass

also while we're talking about music from japan i can't help but mention one of my favorite rave acts ever, SANDWICH DE 120 PUN:

DeafIdiotGod

Post by DeafIdiotGod »

I'm no emohead so you guys might already know about these but I've been into these emo / math rock-ish albums lately
Spoiler:
This one is also a one man band deal

lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

if anyone's interested in more music that kinda sounds like alex g, https://www.twitch.tv/casiodome is putting on a twitch set/mini-festival (i guess) tomorrow featuring two of the bands in a prior post of mine (harvey waters and dearly somber) and three others i can't remember because i can't find the instagram flyer someone made for it for the life of me. 7pm, US eastern time..

whenever casiodome and like channels host shows like this i usually try and tune in, given that a lot of the people online are friends with each other and everyone's always really nice and supportive and funny these sorts of streams are probably the closest things we're gonna get to physical house shows until at least like 2022/
cameron

Post by cameron »

lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

out of the like 24+ hours worth of content dj sabrina has put out in the past 4 years, i've never once heard a bad song from her. definitely worth checking out if you were really into vaporwave as a kid but aren't really anymore but still reminisce over how energetic and fresh that whole phase of your life felt. or if you've always wanted to put your whole heart into some 80s karaoke but never liked going to bars or anything since they're really expensive and everyone around you is too annoying. or... just in general. rock on!
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

frannyglass

Post by frannyglass »

i'm svvagged out.. based.
p3rn

Post by p3rn »

ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

cant wait to see shows again
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
ParallaxisRemix

Last edited by ParallaxisRemix on Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

northeastern US folk mans with nothing but bright things ahead. i'm sharing this mainly because i'm pissed that some other band from nyc named "the sundots" with like 60 monthly listeners on spotify that formed a year before drew (guy behind the cool sundots) thought up that name "first" and are now sending him a cease and desist because of it... as if no one has ever thought to put the words "sun" and "dots" together before like three years ago. if you want to be a diy artist whose current (likely) dearth of material success can only be directly countered through building authentic ties and roots with the greater community around you, this is NOT the fucking way to do it. idk how to post bandcamp links here but run em up yall

ParallaxisRemix

Last edited by ParallaxisRemix on Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

lionfir44 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:37 am i'm sharing this mainly because i'm pissed that some other band from nyc named "the sundots" with like 60 monthly listeners on spotify that formed a year before drew (guy behind the cool sundots) thought up that name "first" and are now sending him a cease and desist because of it... as if no one has ever thought to put the words "sun" and "dots" together before like three years ago.
lionfir44 i think we're like right on the outskirts of eachothers' friend groups, saw melaina kol posting about this yesterday
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
lionfir44

Post by lionfir44 »

wow small world! it's always strange how unexpected degrees of local musicians (in the US at least) can be. my roommate, for one, has been internet friends with the guy (nick from mono lisa, based out in AZ) who sent doug from TAGABOW a bunch of old samplers he had, and the content on those ended up turning into the ambient interlude songs on destiny xl, and he had no idea until doug mentioned that in an insta ama like two months ago.

anyways this is a documentary i just watched on SALEM, told mainly through pictures the band took and focusing mainly on that period from 2012-2019 where no one knew where they went. in the wake of their first album in ten years coming out last month (absolute banger btw), it's really interesting how the footage compiled paints the band as the larger-than-life figures their sparse internet presence has made them out to be while also showing that as people john and jack have both been heavily held back by america's opioid epidemic, and that that's often caused them to be very toxic and arrogant. they seem to be slowly on the road to recovery though so that's good
ParallaxisRemix

The amount of requests I've had for this song tonight is insane