frannyglass

Re: ramdom thought thread revival

Post by frannyglass »

can you guys get into something cooler like fountain pens and bump my thread
i'm svvagged out.. based.
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

I'm craving some kind of liver, whether it be terrine or beef liver and grits. Followed of course by bœuf Bourgogne
Mojave
starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

Maybe this belongs in the pet thread but

I'm currently fostering a cat through a local TNR group. She is 3-4 years old, and while she was fed and cared for in a colony by people, she literally just came inside for the first time about a month ago. I volunteered to foster her because the office space in my apartment doesn't have an easy place to hide, and because I have socialized a cat in the past (though not one who needed this much work).

She is a total sweetheart, but also painfully shy. She will sleep and purr when I am sitting with her, but if I leave the apartment, she tries to find a hiding spot. Her breath is also pretty foul, which isn't totally surprising, although this seems different than the previous cat. I wanted to take her to the vet to get that checked out, just to know if she needs to have her teeth brushed regularly, or if she needs to have another tooth extracted, or what. I reached out to the woman who runs the rescue organization, and she mentioned that she wanted to get the cat re-tested for FIV and FELV, since she had not been tested since she was spayed (and she lived outdoors in the interim).

Anyway, last night, I was able to look into her (the cat) mouth for the first time after she yawned in a very content way. I noticed something weird, so I spent up basically all of the goodwill I have accrued feeding this cat treats over the past two weeks to jam my fingers into her mouth and have a look around. There is some kind of mass or growth on one of her gums, which would explain the halitosis. I am freaking out that this is cancer, because oral cancer is both a relatively common and a very deadly form of cancer for cats, although not one that typically affects younger cats like this. The first vet appointment we were able to get was for Friday, so I have to spend the next week silently fretting about this. She is in good health otherwise and she is still eating, so my hope is obviously that this is benign or no big deal, but if it is cancerous that we caught it early enough to treat (plus the fact that she is so young hopefully means that it's not an obvious death sentence like it would be if she were ten years older), but I'm still just bummed out that this is even possible. I don't believe that she has had an easy life thus far, and so this feels depressingly unfair.
“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
jrisk

Post by jrisk »

thinking about becoming a creature of habit
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

gonna be really funny when i remove the [redacted] filter and we see whos actually been typing out [redacted]
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

gotta give it to covid, i've not bitten my nails in ages
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

if you ask me, you need just the right amount of depression to post. too much depression? gonna be way too sad. too little depression? could use more sad, imo
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Here's a picture I took today:

@starfox64 this was in a popeyes so in retrospect that bird was probably terrified for his life

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

Kelly does it again

Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

i do not understand [redacted] and i also do not care

thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I don’t like how culture has both On the Road and The Road. It’s a lot to keep track of :roll:
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Do you think the guys from bear force one still hang out together?

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

p3rn

Post by p3rn »

what's with the trend of only being able to talk [in particular on social media] about the things you enjoy/are lucky to have as though they're a big burden? is this what people mean when they say "irony poisoned". it's such a bummer. self deprecation is OUT!
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

april is the month of cars as profile pics

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

@E.T. any car is good, trust your gut

a car could be your normal profile pic. review the video below for further detail, but where they say "family" substitute "car" in your head

DeafIdiotGod

Post by DeafIdiotGod »

I kind of want to get a small gold hoop earring but I'm concerned it will hurt when I'm wearing my ATH-M50 headphones which don't give you a lot of room.

Kinda like this
Spoiler:
edit: maybe I'll start with a stud then graduate to a ring later if it means avoiding a month w/o my cans.
frannyglass

Post by frannyglass »

hey guys i have an electric toothbrush again and i'm trying some whitening strips my friend gave me
i'm svvagged out.. based.