ramdom thought thread revival

off topic
titkitten

Re: ramdom thought thread revival

Post by titkitten »

funyuns wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:02 am payment model where you can pay $10 to delete someone else’s post
related monetisation scheme

dislikes: the bachelor
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

that payment scheme is O(n) and I am not rich, therefore, I prefer the O(1) deletion model
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

in my last post i said i would "start running again next week"
instead i found myself as a talent for one of my friend's music videos and after that was done i stayed on board to help out with styling

don't know if it's just COVID related regulations but wow, shooting every day for a week from 4-6 PM until 4-6 AM is extremely exhausting
oucho wrote:you had to work overnight?? that sounds horrible!
just tiring, had jet lag without any of the travel and still "fixing" my body clock now
alby

Post by alby »

white lotus is a very funny show
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

is there anything better than the feeling in your mouth after getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

There is:

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

don't know where to post this

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

funyuns

Post by funyuns »

foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Every day I become less and less interested in production, both my own and the world in general. Sometimes I equate this to having less “vigor” for life than I did when I was younger. There is certainly an omnipresent weariness at the State of Things™️, as if the best course of action is to find a quiet and peaceful place to live out the End Times. To do less, to make less. To step back from constantly consuming/pushing/disposing etc.

It’s not so much that I’ve found newer, more “Zen” interests but rather I’ve become disenchanted with the realities of old ones. Ex. fashion, art making, typography, crafts. Is this depression? Or does a slower, more mindful pace just look like depression in the context of this modern life?
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Wawa gave out a free sandwich today and when I went to redeem it, the app said, "are you sure you want to redeem this? You have fifteen minutes." and I clicked yes and then it said, "wow, connection trouble, fucked up!" so I kept trying and then sixteen minutes later it was like, "you have no rewards." I think they did this on purpose.

thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

ramdomthought wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:15 am is there anything better than the feeling in your mouth after getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist
I just had my first dental checkup since I got my care-tags celebrated philips soniccare toothbrush. it was an extremely chill time. the dental assistant and I were vibing talking about how I can whiten my materially perfect teeth. the dentist walks up to me like "great xrays." we were vibing talking about how my gums are slightly receding from overbrushing by the tissue and teeth are perfectly healthy and he's like "you know too much." I've entered soniccare mode
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

foxtail_grass wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:12 pm Every day I become less and less interested in production, both my own and the world in general... It’s not so much that I’ve found newer, more “Zen” interests but rather I’ve become disenchanted with the realities of old ones. Ex. fashion, art making, typography, crafts...
UPDATE: I've realized a disconnect from old interests is actually growing new ones, they are just more subtler than the first. I think after the initial feeling that I have "lost" interests, I had a moment of feeling dormant, before the new interests came creeping in. Like moss forming on a felled tree.

Funnily enough these new interests have reconnected me deeper with older interests that I initially dismissed as dead. For instance, I really *looked* [1] at my compulsion to make and think about clothing: it relates with this desire to put utopic ideas into action. If you live waiting for utopia, it's never going to come because no progress has been made toward it. if you live like you're already in it, in a way you are, and it gets richer every day.
clothes and making help me explore my identity and my community and my surroundings. anyways back to sleep[2]

self deprecating footnotes:

1 Image

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

ophthalmologist and surgeons figured out how to mostly correct my nephew's vision issues

now the kids throwing baseballs and hitting them like never before

love to see it no pun intended

yljt

Post by yljt »

real shit, i would take this class in a heartbeat: https://twitter.com/sethrockman/status/ ... 62948?s=20
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

lost egg 2 is a very fun game

foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

foxtail_grass wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:08 am
foxtail_grass wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:12 pm Every day I become less and less interested in production, both my own and the world in general... It’s not so much that I’ve found newer, more “Zen” interests but rather I’ve become disenchanted with the realities of old ones. Ex. fashion, art making, typography, crafts...
UPDATE: I've realized a disconnect from old interests is actually growing new ones, they are just more subtler than the first. I think after the initial feeling that I have "lost" interests, I had a moment of feeling dormant, before the new interests came creeping in. Like moss forming on a felled tree.

Funnily enough these new interests have reconnected me deeper with older interests that I initially dismissed as dead. For instance, I really *looked* [1] at my compulsion to make and think about clothing: it relates with this desire to put utopic ideas into action. If you live waiting for utopia, it's never going to come because no progress has been made toward it. if you live like you're already in it, in a way you are, and it gets richer every day.
clothes and making help me explore my identity and my community and my surroundings. anyways back to sleep[2]

self deprecating footnotes:

1 Image

wow i was wildin on this one. hit the most highminded lick