Re: ramdom thought thread revival

Post by breloom »

i miss yall can we go back to 2015
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

I met this cool guy on a very similar wavelength with me on musical taste/outlook on improving our local scene and it's musical output.

I ain't never been in love but we are gonna do a club night together. Such a sick dude hope he never reads this :lol:
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Going to Spain tomorrow for the first time. Anyone have recs for Malaga, Granada, or other nearby towns?
breloom

Post by breloom »

the recruiter for a job i applied for called me the day before we had our call set up saying that senior leadership had told them that they were pausing all hiring for that department. when i said that things must be going rough over there to pause hiring for a whole department, the recruiter replied "i only recruit for this department so i'm worried yeah"
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

moving absolutely sucks but on the bright side i found my OG flyknit trainers in a [redacted] shoe box
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

rediscovering my high school boy love for cars but not liking the insanely inflated prices what do you mean a 35 year old na miata is 10k usd now?
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Cars are like furniture, one of those hobbies you get into when you decide clothes are too cheap and easy to ship and you have too much spare money and time.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

bela i thought that was [redacted]
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
edmund

Post by edmund »

how does one form a band these days

are there any NYC-area drummers or bassists on here? or anyone that wants to teach me how to play synths?
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

bels wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:40 pm Cars are like furniture, one of those hobbies you get into when you decide clothes are too cheap and easy to ship and you have too much spare money and time.
thats funny cuz i feel like my clothes are more expensive than my car nevertheless still fiscally irresponsible
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

edmund wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:32 am how does one form a band these days

are there any NYC-area drummers or bassists on here? or anyone that wants to teach me how to play synths?
vampr but everyone is a flake

drummers are gonna be the hardest to find and in most demand
edmund

Post by edmund »

funyuns wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:13 pm vampr but everyone is a flake

drummers are gonna be the hardest to find and in most demand
ugh, that tracks. the coolest timeline is one where i teach myself how to automate my drum and bass needs with synths and drum machines and play guitar over them. in my mind it would be stylistically somewhere between kevin parker and mike dean
foxtail_grass wrote: what kind of music do you want to make?
i listen to a ton of stuff but realistically want to make some kind of interesting take on psych rock! open to influences from punk, stoner metal, electronic but i know it comes down to shared interest ultimately in a band
cthelll wrote: i'm a dogshit bassit but down to cook
i'm no better at guitar lol pm me
brücke

Post by brücke »

edmund wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:51 pm ugh, that tracks. the coolest timeline is one where i teach myself how to automate my drum and bass needs with synths and drum machines and play guitar over them. in my mind it would be stylistically somewhere between kevin parker and mike dean
i've been drawing blast beats in reaper and playing guitar over those lately, fun to practice with metronome style but definitely limiting compared to playing with someone who actually knows what they're doing lol
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

My radio station offered me a contract where I work like 8hrs a week but get paid German minimum wage while living in Kenya and make more than my current toxic job working for my mum 😭

It's not much but I can finally be relatively-free of my family, getting paid to do something I love so much I'd do for free with future room for growth as the station expands. This is the first year we've secured enough money to fund people getting paid and shit. Going to find a housemate and move out!

My favourite local club also wants me to be a Thursday resident as they expand the days they are open. My DJing skills are so sick (full flex don't care) the dude who runs it offered it instantly after doing my first set there. Really glad I was just a nobody for ages so I could cultivate my skills well enough to blow off someone's head with one set. Already done like three sets there this year filling in for other residents who were traveling to music fests. Feels so good to get paid to DJ sets you actually like. Plus like two of my top 5 DJs have pulled through there in the last three months and we ended up chatting shit and exchanging numbers. Feels surreal.

2024 is starting so sick for me and my mental health is the best it's ever been since high school and I'm dating a rich doctor (flex) who I hope will make an honest house-husband out of me :lol:

I genuinely never thought I would have a positive outlook on life but things really do get better if you stick around and try. I'm 30 now and so looking forward to seeing how things go.
freddy

Post by freddy »

parallel parking sucks