What Dreams Did Come

Off topic

Re: What Dreams Did Come

Postby Spaceman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

I had a dream where I was trying to remember the formula for surface area of a sphere but couldn't and then I tried to calculate it from integrals but then couldn't remember the integrating factors of spherical coordinates, I got very frustrated then I woke up. I realized I had a nerd nightmare and felt very strange about myself.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I've been having really insane, vivid dreams the past couple months. I used to be one of those people that very rarely remembered them (maybe 1-2 a year) but now even if I just take a nap I have these dreams that feel so real in the moment that sometimes I'm not sure if they were dreams or memories. Always conflict driven, but never physical. Just stressful social/family situations. Sometimes I'll move my tongue across my teeth and find a loose one. I'm meeting people for the first time that are weird approximations of people I sort of know in real life, but are much different in the dreams (physically/personality wise). I'm not totally sure where this is coming from, but I feel like it's partially existential panic since my life is in sort of a layover period right now, and partially from going from smoking tons of oui'd daily to maybe once every two weeks since I graduated. Shit's weird.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: nopastlives.tumblr.com
hharrissonn

Postby windowflowers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

had a dream last night where I met hitler and gifted him a vegetarian cookbook with a pun in the title. something with the word "fry," I can't quite remember. it was supposed to be a way of getting him into cooking instead of dictatorship I think

windowflowers

Postby iralanwitnuk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:35 am

Dreamt I went to the dentists office and one of the hygienists took me outside and we went on a date (before my appointment).. He toOK me to the old theater to see White Christmas, and at some point an animation flooded my vision that said "WHOOOOSH" in green 3D lettering with dollar signs scattered around.

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby bels » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 am

Dreamt that I bought the Adidas Kolor hoodie with the ridiculous dragons embroidered onto it but when it arrived it didn't have any dragons and I wasn't sure how to feel.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Dreamt I was competing in a bake-off with other young hopefuls to enter a prestigious culinary school. The dish was an incredibly complex cake based on pork that had to be roasted in the oven until it melted into liquid then congealed. With 20 minutes left on the clock and my pork not even done yet, I was frantic to get everything together.

Then I realized it was a dream and felt probably the keenest sense of disappointment I had ever felt. I think I just waited out the rest of the time.

Bonobonobo

Postby alby » Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am

dreamt a half-baked line of code that, in my slumber, I knew would fix the problems I had been having lately. i woke up and couldn't remember it and still can't solve my problem

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby bels » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Dreamt I was watching a runway show where Raf Simons was modelling his latest pair of jeans. A disembodied voice told me they were 'Alright, but will never be as good as the Petite Standards he designed for Raf Simons 1995'

bels
Yung Winona

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

had a dream where i was jamming with king krule and he had 4 arms so he was playing guitar and keys at the same time no sweat

then we had turmeric banana mango smoothies together after

and he was also wearing a full auralee fit for some reason but it was sick

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby INNIT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

actual dreams i've had:

-walk into an exam for a class i haven't attended all year; i call my prof a square and do not care about failing
-michel foucault is my best friend, i tell him that people in academia no longer like him, or only like his later works. he doesnt care. we snort cocaine
-land a sick publishing internship, company dissolves day 1 because no one buys books
-become addicted to neocitron cold and flu as it is the only thing that makes me fall asleep. SO becomes very concerned
-become best friends with my graduate supervisor; she takes to me to spain and has a very welcoming family

Last edited by INNIT on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNIT

Postby odradek » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm

had a dream that my phone screen smashed and i had to keep the gorilla glass shards in my mouth because i was in an environmentally protected area

i eventually spat the glass out into a trash can at the entrance to a nondescript stadium

odradek

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 pm

had a bad ass dream where i was playing guitar so hard it caught on fire

mc-lunar

Postby rjbman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 pm

dont remember how or from what, but i saved detroit last night in my dreams

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby soko » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Dreamt I got in a shootout with my ex's sister — she was okay. A strange mood.

soko

Postby popcorn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Dreamt I was listening to Misery Business by Paramore, but it grew into this massive guitar and drum groove. The closest thing I can compare it to is Kedem by Electric Masada, but droning on like krautrock. I remember another person in the dream was like 'I don't remember Misery Business going this hard' and I like.. scoffed at them because I knew how dope this song was. I was rocking the fuck out on the air drums trying to figure out what was a fill and what wasn't when I woke up.

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 am

dreamt i dropped 2ft on my road bike and it split in two on me... not a fun one to wake up from

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby norman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:41 am

I was in a sneaker shop that morphed into a pawn shop, so I curiously started browsing through the vintage crap looking for Gamecube games. The room was a small 15X15 with tall ceilings and wooden shelves loaded with knick knacks you would find in a thrift shop, but what was interesting was that there were 8 or 9 people shopping in this tiny room and we all were bullshitting and cracking jokes. When I saw a wallet sitting on the back shelf I thought ooo maybe there's some goodies in there, so I opened it up and found a durex condom, a coupon for a pretzel shop, and a small amount of cash maybe like $300. I quickly went through a dream-state panic trying to decide how to ethically buy the wallet but not pay for the money inside. I kinda fumbled around the shop like a bad thief and decided that i should put the money in my wallet and then buy the wallet. I went to the checkout and asked the shop owner if I could buy the wallet and keep what was inside, totally giving myself away from nervousness of suspicion. He was skeptical and asked to pat me down. My clothes morphed into a matching grey corduroy pants/jacket set (Great fit idea might I add) and he patted me down. When he got to my wallet he took it out and looked at the wallet I wanted to buy with a face of "why are you buying a wallet with a wallet?" Then he opened my wallet up and it was like STUFFED with cash, as if the $300 had turned into $2000. He just looked at me like "ok money man" and processed my order. I think I paid him $7 for the wallet, which was extremely overpriced, but for some reason he let me keep the credit cards that were still in it. Then I woke up

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby nope » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:51 am

Dreamt I was watching a turn of the millennium south american sci-fi film. It revolved around an alien transmission that somehow caused ever greater numbers of people's identity to blend into each other, across time and space, so some guy from future Argentina would suddenly find he was a woman in Victorian England or whatever. The details weren't entirely clear, or particularly relevant.

The important bit is that this somehow led to a very 90s tv advert on an iceberg, and I realized the clothes in it looked uncannily similar to Craig Green ss19 (I don't actually know what this looks like but that's hardly the point). I then spent a while painstakingly going forward frame by frame taking screenshots in VLC so I could post them here, presumably in the "Designers and their influences" thread. Would have got loads of rep I reckon.

nope

Postby bels » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:40 am

Dreamt no-step restocked the swebay trousers. A beautiful golden age ensued

bels
Yung Winona

Previous

Return to Care