Since I can't talk to people in real life i listen to people talk on my phone

off topic
thewisdomoftime

Re: Since I can't talk to people in real life i listen to people talk on my phone

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I listened to my brother my brother and me for years and am only just stopping. They've been deliberately not funny for easily 6 years?, but Griffin and Justin are both so thoroughly funny that it cuts through that. Not sure why I'm stopping now, probably just that I've reached the critical mass of psychology podcasts I subscribe to (or just filed my walking habit down) to where there's always something ready for me to listen to.

my chapo interest, unfortunately, has stayed where it is

I listened to a lot of basketball podcasts over the last few years, but the celtics are in hell this season so thankfully my interest has completely waned over the last few months. I was listening to lowe post, thinking basketball, and some really good celtics pods if anyone cares to hear about those

that's about it for large podcasts I listen to, where are my fellow MBMBAM defectors at
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
rjbman
Site Admin

Re: Since I can't talk to people in real life i listen to people talk on my phone

Post by rjbman »

i only listen to hammer & camera (i love this podcast!!) b/c my podcast time was when i was working in the office & now i just blast music at home

podcasts that got the cull:
  • asian not asian (feat our very own teck!!!!)
  • pivot feat kara swisher & scott galloway
  • reply all
  • dr gameshow
  • a24 (still have these downloaded, i swear imma listen to the nathan fielder one someday)
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
_Organism

Post by _Organism »

thewisdomoftime wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:02 pm I listened to my brother my brother and me for years and am only just stopping. They've been deliberately not funny for easily 6 years?, but Griffin and Justin are both so thoroughly funny that it cuts through that.
gotta agree with the Travis neg here.
brücke

Post by brücke »

swampside chats bangs
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

chapo is good

there is a direct throughline in chapo and their discussions in isolation and alienation and the rise of care-tags
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
p3rn

Post by p3rn »

anyone got any spanish podcast recc's? not for learning spanish, just a podcast hosted by people speaking spanish.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

mi hermano, mi hermano, y yo?
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

ramdomthought wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:34 pm chapo is good

there is a direct throughline in chapo and their discussions in isolation and alienation and the rise of care-tags
Chapo is fun and deeply almost-good; their greatest flaw is how completely critiques of American culture, including their own, extend to them. I think they're significantly less susceptible to the matter that American social critique is individualistic and falls back on ego psychology than some of the other podcasts that are [redacted] on here. They probably should give up on writing books, though.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'