Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
thewisdomoftime

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by thewisdomoftime »

bels wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:41 pm The only way to quit the game is to start thinking about how you'd like to be able to afford private medical procedures in the future.
okay poll time: if the UK austerities the NHS does care-tags get better or worse
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

The only "hikercore" I really care for are the kind of trash looks I pull off in my actual outdoor gear—baselayer zipped all the way down and creating a yonic eye-shape over my chest, gaudy, nubby trail shoes with socks covered in dust, pants horrifically pooling in strange places, with some weird head-hugging beanie or hat or whatever. I went for a stroll downtown after an afternoon in the mountains, totally caked in mud and snow with a probably-there dickprint and I want to chase that alien feeling I got walking around. Just kidding I looked awful but I love the feeling of being "kitted out" for the day.
Mojave
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

lionfir44
Location: closer to hell, michigan than probably anyone else here

Post by lionfir44 »

do u guys remember back when every man on the internet wanted this shirt lmao

rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

Every day I angrily pray that E. Tautz will begin seriously producing shoes with Louboutin outside of their runway collections. It makes me mad.
Mojave
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

I Touched Jan Jan Van Essche Today And Am Rethinking Things
Mojave
yljt

Post by yljt »

unfortunate but jjve strikes me as a white european whose "looking for inspiration" feels very colonial and extractive

kinda reminds me of this white british woman who says she has a crush on old japanese men. barf.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/journal/ ... an-1767166

once the designers start talking, so much is revealed about their relation to the violence which structures their practice. fucking sad to be honest

one day someone will write about western imperialism and its echoes in the fetishization of japanese craft and aesthetics
seesaw

Post by seesaw »

yljt wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm unfortunate but jjve strikes me as a white european whose "looking for inspiration" feels very colonial and extractive

kinda reminds me of this white british woman who says she has a crush on old japanese men. barf.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/journal/ ... an-1767166

once the designers start talking, so much is revealed about their relation to the violence which structures their practice. fucking sad to be honest

one day someone will write about western imperialism and its echoes in the fetishization of japanese craft and aesthetics
The designer has no interest in trends, or in staying ahead of any perceived fashion curve. Instead, she has managed to take that quiet, sartorial magic of dressing for oneself and has distilled it into Studio Nicholson.
Studio Nicholson’s best-selling item is its Volume Pant, a wide-leg statement trouser that is baggy in that B-boy kind of way, but more polished and grownup.
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

Uniform challenge was a good thread. Always like how anime or cartoon characters would have a regular outfit and then spring and summer variations
I will never put my sword down
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Let's hear it for that feeling of relief when something expensive that you want but are waffling on sells out.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

_Organism

Post by _Organism »

skunk ape wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:51 pm Let's hear it for that feeling of relief when something expensive that you want but are waffling on sells out.
currently waffling about some type of extravagant purchase to celebrate my new job + getting nauseous every time I add something to a cart ( best way to commit to no cop is having spending anxiety)
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

Can anybody speak to the quality of Nanamica outerwear? I have a Veilance field jacket I love, but I'm looking into a mac coat that also has theoretical weather resistance.
Mojave
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Is there no JW Anderson x Uniqlo for SS? This is very annoying to me, as it was the only good stuff Uniqlo makes (imo).

In other uniqlo news, Undercover is doing a collaboration with GU, which means it will be impossible to purchase. Thank you, ever given.

thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I don't think I want to reach the point where I can distinguish between fragrances. Currently I know about three smells: "important day" [which is, technically speaking, the fragrance Le Labo 46 Vetiver], "time for bed" [which is, technically speaking, the smell of my armpits] and "world". This has worked out fine
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

Just learned that Inov8 is Irish. Huh
Mojave
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Damn I was hoping this would suck: