Trench Witch

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by Trench Witch »

techwear might be neither.
I will never put my sword down
miles

Post by miles »

Is there a better short than baggies (5")? You can't really carry anything in the font pockets without looking ridiculous but otherwise they are hard to beat.

This also serves as your reminder that if you want to get a good color and not some ugly graphic you should buy before May because all the good colors will be sold out.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

my ancient acg cargos fit my laptop in the pocket sooo
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

Oh no “men talking incessantly about baggies and tevas” season is starting
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

miles wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 am Is there a better short than baggies (5")? You can't really carry anything in the font pockets without looking ridiculous but otherwise they are hard to beat.

This also serves as your reminder that if you want to get a good color and not some ugly graphic you should buy before May because all the good colors will be sold out.
i am anti "inseam war" or whatever, i think only owning shorts in one inseam is boring

edit:

in other news, these uniqlo nylon ripstop shorts are good
https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/ny ... 34856.html
picked up a purple pair a few months ago, sized up one but i fathom you can go true
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

lmfao trench witch linked me those last week and I nabbed a pair too. they're good - purple is more maroon though (sad)
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

as someone who has never been tan, I love maroon shorts.

when I was 14 or so, my brother was legitimately upset at me for getting the pair of chubbies [5.5" inseam shorts that are meant to instill a middle-american fraternity ethos in the wearer] that were a rich, dark maroon, "the bloodhounds" they had termed them; the company I think only made shorts in an earth tone as a novelty, a self-defeating proposition reliant on caring about the brand, like "jeep sedan."
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
starfox64

Post by starfox64 »

am i the only one who finds the fact that baggies have a mesh liner to be a dealbreaker?
“I understand the music, I understand the movies, I even see how comic books can tell us things. But there are full professors in this place who read nothing but cereal boxes.”

“It’s the only avant-garde we’ve got.”
DeafIdiotGod

Post by DeafIdiotGod »

Wish that more minimal white trainers would go for the GAT look rather than the cp achilles copycat route, the latter looks too flat and ducky and doesn't really work as well in a more dressed up outfit despite being more minimal (imo at least). Hard to find an alternative that strikes the balance of being clean enough to wear with a casual suit™ while still having some visual dynamism to them.

My Adidas ones are on their last legs and the only thing resembling the design and easily available in the UK is the Novesta gat they're so narrow they physically hurt to wear and the OG gat always looked a bit stubby and unrefined to me. The MMM replicas really have the look perfected but I dread the psychic damage that I would receive from scuffing £300 white shoes in the club.

Maybe I should just get ripped off and cop the Adidas ones again off Korean eBay for £112, or move on from the mid 2010s and accept the march of progress.

/whine
miles wrote:Reproduction of Found
Only one I can find is still like £180, at that point I may as well wait for MMM on sale.
bels + _Organism wrote:Sambas
My MFA poisoned brain always recoiled from the branding on the side but tbh this could just be the answer under my nose, cheap enough to double up with a total beater pair. Would be good with a lighter sole but it looks like that kind of design should come around sonnet or later. Will look into safely removing the stripes, good idea @_Organism.
Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

this is now a shorts thread

Got some camp shorts from battenwear like last year and they're pretty sick
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Take it to the legwear thread ankle flaunters
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

seesaw

Post by seesaw »

the concept of "pant-shoe interface" will experience a massive resurgence as we all begin to unroll our pants
Wax

Post by Wax »

Flashbacks to MFA circa 2011

___________mad stacks bro
___________________________________________This is such a great look, but I personally think it would look better with just one or two cuffs, rather than going all the way up to mid calf
____whats with the no sock thing, your shoes must stink real bad

______________________why does everyone look like they're wading through water? is that what "fashion" is now?

A real pant leg is never too high, mr Frodo, nor is it too low. it ends precisely where it intends to
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

Wax wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:53 am Flashbacks to MFA circa 2011

___________mad stacks bro
___________________________________________This is such a great look, but I personally think it would look better with just one or two cuffs, rather than going all the way up to mid calf
____whats with the no sock thing, your shoes must stink real bad

______________________why does everyone look like they're wading through water? is that what "fashion" is now?

A real pant leg is never too high, mr Frodo, nor is it too low. it ends precisely where it intends to
MFA poisoned my brain, at college orientation I wore my white Converse© Jack Purcell without socks. So much pain. And my shoes did stink wtf man...
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Why doesn't comfy outdoor garment have more traction with The Fashion Folx?

edit: we do know we're talking about the brand Comfy Outdoor Garment, right? http://losthills-store.jp/
Last edited by skunk ape on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

skunk ape wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:22 pm Why doesn't comfy outdoor garment have more traction with The Fashion Folx?
isn't this the entire schtick of contemporary nerd streetwear like 18east
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!