Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
brücke

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by brücke »

lionfir44 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:26 am conspiracy theory of the day:

all that pushback against graphic tees (and any/all clothing with any sort of "cartoon-y" graphic on it in general) that all those boring reddit MAFAF "number one boss moderator mans" (or whatever) peddled back in the day with the intent of making it seem as if all that stuff is "childish" and that instead you require simple solid color shirts (to wear underneath your gingham linen OCBD flannel) if you want anyone older than the age of 19 to take you seriously... that all was 100% the result of a coordinated monetary partnership that rich reddit admins had with h&m and gap and old navy and all the other good ol bois... bent on keeping kids with limited cash flow who only got like 6 upvo- i mean, "rep" per fit every WYWAYWT extremely unconfident and insecure with their own fashion sense, and constantly feeling like they needed to buy "mature" clothes... that only the aforementioned brands would offer in their price range.
you know this honestly kinda tracks with something I noticed back in the day, used to work at a journeys shoe store and they made a huge deal about selling their no-show socks (the "socks on the box" policy).

on MFA meanwhile, any time someone would ask about socks there would be a chorus of accounts like "oh get no-shows they're way cleaner/whatever, oh where to get them? I love journeys, go to your local mall, etc." could definitely be a case of, reddit guy goes to the 'cool' shoe store and they bully him into being a journeys no-show hype man, but the frequency of it always struck me as a little off
griffin

Post by griffin »

love the esoteric mfa posting. if you're ever wondering if something you read online was a psy op, definitely default to yes.
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

No, no posting online is a psy op. Keep on posting, citizen.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Xpost confession of shameful things: i want those EG Yuketens.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

Most young labels would probably debut their products on a hastily-assembled Shopify page or through brief Instagram posts. Child’s play for Throup, who will deliver Anatomyland’s first drop — several “intricately constructed collectable digital characters” — as NFTs through Nifty Gateway. Following this, Anatomyland will issue limited “First Edition” runs of the design archetypes introduced in those NFTs for several months, succeeded by a wider release of completed creations after the entire First Edition lineup is rolled out.
10/10 grifter, one to aspire too
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
lets.kill.david

Post by lets.kill.david »

saw steve lacy post z-coils and as someone whos been wearing hiking shoes the past 2 years I feel like theyre the natural progression of my style
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

I'm looking for a short suit (jacket + shorts) to wear this summer. They are really annoying to find so looking for reccomendations
I will never put my sword down
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

Have you heard of a little brand called engineered garments (smiling)
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

so much work to track down a matching set of shorts and jacket though
yljt

Post by yljt »

hmmmmm

Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

what's hedi slimane up to nowadays?
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

skunk ape wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm Xpost confession of shameful things: i want those EG Yuketens.
just snagged a pair. sizing is nike sizing (I wear 8 in nike pegasus and most other nikes, 8 in these)

might be explicitly for you as much as i hate to say it - relatively light, comfy, decent leather on the uppers, wack construction (they're just made in dominican republic boat shoes) and a nice shape. fit the "timb 3 eyes" world without being 3 eyes which are boat shoes for new englanders who skateboard and "wouldn't be caught dead in sperries"
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
breloom

Post by breloom »

ive been out of the game for a few years, need to replace some wardrobe items and feel so lost. the world moves fast
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

What about that vibe where you get something and it's meant to be IDENTICAL to the thing you used to have but wore out, but for some reason you can't bring yourself to start wearing the new thing because it just seems "off" in some way.
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

I own a lot of supreme work pants and the little differences between them are slightly aggravating
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

odradek wrote:Also who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy another suit in some dumbshit fabric because that is who I am.
im clairvoyant

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

Trench Witch wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 pm I own a lot of supreme work pants and the little differences between them are slightly aggravating
if you made a detailed post about this i would read it