off topic
ParallaxisRemix

How does one become post-internet?

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

Don't tell me to log off you hypocrite
Toonces

Re: How does one become post-internet?

Post by Toonces »

Self-control app, deactivate ig, delete apps, put your phone on greyscale mode, make certain sites inaccessible without a password and give your password to friend. I think there's an article about Lorde doing some variation of this.

I had already started to get bored of Reddit and was spending a lot of time mindlessly scrolling on social media. Now I'm pretty much just on here, Strava, and a few select subreddits. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

its only hypocritical if it comes from the hypocrites region of france, otherwise it's sparkling inner conflict
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

What toonces said but in the end, being post internet is worthless when everyone else on earth is intra internet.

Also you just find another dumb thing.
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

idk if u know but care tags is a virtual squid games where the winner gets crowned post internet
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

The crisis of modernity is not being able to put the genie back in the bottle.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

You can consider yourself post internet when you no longer have any websites to check.

All the above said I highly recommend changing your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook passwords and sealing them in an envelope.

You will lose friends doing this.
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

wait, post-internet is different from posting on the internet?
breloom

Post by breloom »

if you get on a limited data plan then you have to meticulously plan out all of your online interactions
oucho

Post by oucho »

Endless scrolling on Instagram/Facebook/TikTok/etc is truly terrifying, you basically have the ability to opt out of existence at anytime you want. Also the amount of weird sexualised content on Tiktok and Instagram reels is really crazy, but like someone talking about gardening, or philosophy, but wearing a really sexy outfit.

One thing that makes me sad is I used to go on a lot of forums based around producing stuff, like animations or tags, even care-tags at its prime was really productive with people writing long essays on designers or their views on fashion not to mention fit pics. At its best care-tags produced really interesting content that definitely influenced my views on many things.

At some point I kind of met more people in real life with whom I could pontificate on such matters as the importance of collar interfacing but then I moved country twice in the last 3 years (to the Mediterranean where people think going to the beach and putting olive oil on stuff is culture) and now I really feel a bit sad that these interesting internet communities seem to have kind of disappeared?
breloom

Post by breloom »

oucho wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:28 am One thing that makes me sad is I used to go on a lot of forums based around producing stuff, like animations or tags, even care-tags at its prime was really productive with people writing long essays on designers or their views on fashion not to mention fit pics. At its best care-tags produced really interesting content that definitely influenced my views on many things.

At some point I kind of met more people in real life with whom I could pontificate on such matters as the importance of collar interfacing but then I moved country twice in the last 3 years (to the Mediterranean where people think going to the beach and putting olive oil on stuff is culture) and now I really feel a bit sad that these interesting internet communities seem to have kind of disappeared?
i've found that a lot of these communities have moved to various discords, but while there's more instantaneous communication, there's also an ephemeral-ness to the conversations and projects
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

I feel like it's also kind of hard to maintain an influx of new people in private communit awayies like that, so in the end they always tend to dwindle. But then what in life doesn't.
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

It's a result of the chilling effect on speech thanks to Woke Politics. As Dennis Prager says, th

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png