Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
edmund

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by edmund »

a stylist talked me into buying an off-white belt off of him. i will shock the world by pulling off the first non-terrible fit that includes an off-white belt. watch this space
brücke

Post by brücke »

trend watch
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

maharishi has some sarouel style offerings again and these ones are killing me
(they remind me of a junya ss19 pant that i practically never see in my size)
but i will wait for sale
Spoiler:
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

inspired by julio and bought some drop crotch cdgh jeans. they rock as they're just jeans with a super high rise and tiny drop (no diaper).

realized when i got home the rise is nearly 2x the inseam. with my buzzed hair i am old bobby hill
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
eyealt

Post by eyealt »

USPS workers are some of the best dressed people I see on my day to day
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

if clothes dont make me look like i can kick somebody's ass
i aint wearin em
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

frank leder moved to boston

SMART INVESTMENT

bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

How did you find out Issey Miyake passed. I was in the kitchen at work eating a vegan chicken wrap when the office manager said "Aww, my favourite fashion designer just died."
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

Every fashion person obnoxiously reposting the business of fashion instagram post even though everyone in their circle has seen it already
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

had my first [redacted] fall that left me with a few scrapes, scuffed a pair of nonnative dweller jeans (first time wearing).
is this what life is now
freddy

Post by freddy »

didn't really feel the streetwear trend with fashion houses this past decade. want it to revert more back to a "structured" late-2000s look. The IMO quality and aesthetic/collab was better back then for Belstaff, Barbour Tokito, Burberry's now-defunct Prorsum line.. haven't been following the latest fashion news, social media whatever subreddit fits, trends for a long time and just cop whenever I can on old picks from eBay now to refine wardrobe. I've been doing me, and still continue to cherish my fav past era brands. still, I'm pretty happy so far wearing some of the same pieces for a ~decade now not being plugged in (obsessed) the fashion world as I once was. I hope people find contentment in their wardrobes and live out their fits IRL
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

[CONTEXT]
been reframing the way i feel about my interest in fashion
i always felt sort of ashamed of it, for a myriad of reasons
but on the other hand i am constantly researching and sketching and thrifting and making
i have genuine emotional responses to people's style
so i have 'allowed' myself to enjoy it with less judgment

as of right now I: 1) get asked to do occasional tailoring; 2) sometimes get asked to design costumes for movies; 3) make garments for my personal art practice.

[QUESTION PREAMBLE]
with all that established, i'm currently thinking if i should take a step towards pursuing fashion in a more public way.
one aspect of my fashion interest that i could share is my wardrobe/thrift/personal style*. while I definitely consume other people's style content, I don't want to make yet another 'closet tour' or 'thrift haul' vid.

[TL:DR]
>>> Do you guys think there is a way to share your personal style without coming off as an influencer ?
>>>What kind of personal style-related media do you enjoy, if any?

Please feel free to tell me that this is a doomed idea, thx
*other than spamming the c-t discord :twisted:
freddy

Post by freddy »

Fashion over the years and decade seems to have progressed beyond my style. I don’t publicly share my style nor care to be an influencer (if my style can command that level of admiration/‘likes’), when I get a chance to rep my swag. I never personally found too much inspiration from other people’s fits. My mind focuses on certain brands and pieces, which I cop and bring to life. I just parse eBay and sometimes Grailed for pieces that resonates with me. However, I’m really enjoying my Alden’s now that I’ve figured out the right size. I look forward to my Prorsum trench coat coming soon. And I’m thinking more about wearing more blazers and suiting for the more mature look as I’ve had my fun wearing my Belstaff jackets over the years. The rebel is out and the gentlemen’s is in. I’m looking for the next decade ahead now that I’m 30. Feels like I want to grow up now that I reflect upon my style progression vision and ethos. My past fashion fanaticism and euphoric exploration has largely been fulfilled. I just want to dress the yuppie downtown worker part now. Maybe it’s because I live closer to the city for a year now.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Also, this needs its own post: dry clean is expensive af
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

I never understood how much clothing is out there that people buy and never even take tags off of. buy something off therealreal once a month or so, and 75% of what i get is new in box or with tags. wild that people are buying things like trickers, casey casey, or byborre and never even wearing them

rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

freddy how are you enjoying styleforum?
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~