Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
freddy

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by freddy »

rjbman wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:35 pm freddy how are you enjoying styleforum?

Wdym? I haven’t been on SF for years. I don’t fucks with it anymore. Way to throw back. lol XD I remember reading hours and hours online then spending hours and hours in Barney’s NY Madison in psychosis.

I don’t browse fashion forums, except for dabbling socially back on C-t now. I just cop. No inspo or reading up on garms.

I know what I want now. It’s only a matter of finding it at a good price. Rn it’s just repo in’ my steez and actually enjoying my garms. I’m pretty happy now from incessantly browsing SF back a decade ago. Thanks for asking and getting me to reflect

Rock on’ with the garms!! Live out the fashion!
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

cannot wait to see [@]skunk ape[/@] posting in waywt with full stranger things x undercover merch
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Absolutely the fuck not. Corny-ass combo.

Gonna go out on a limb and say this was only possible thanks to the connection with Sadie Sink.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

freddy

Post by freddy »

Any thoughts? Do we have an eyewear thread?
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

it is with heavy heart that i report it's time to retire the shearling pistols. i've taken these to the cobbler around five times at this point -- but i think they are truly done. real loss honestly.

anyone know where i can get a cute shearling-lined low-heel ankle boot, asking for a friend (preferably before the winter kicks my ass over here)
dislikes: the bachelor
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

It never works if you just buy the same thing. You have to break the cycle, purchase something entirely different.
olympiaitsthewater

Post by olympiaitsthewater »

how does everyone feel about the ubiquity of babenzien prep looks in menswear in the year 2022 (post-skate in the parlance of care-tags 1.0)
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Think we must be at peak post skate at this point.
olympiaitsthewater

how come wearing a bb ocdb with jpress/babenzien-jcrew chinos and weejuns loafers in 2022 is 'neo-prep' but wearing an ocdb with crusty 511s in 2008 was not/is not 'neo-prep'

isn't wearing an ocdb with twill chinos and loafers, all made by heritage brands, just regular prep
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

My initial thought is that the ubiquity of prep is an antithesis to the ubiquity of techwear
It reminds me of the 2018 renaissance of power suiting and 80s silhouettes for womenswear- it was in opposition to the prairie-core shit the season prior.

All of it yearns for some nostalgia we never lived

The trend pendulum now swings so violently that it no longer functions as any sort of timekeeping instrument
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

I’d love some advice from y’all. I’d like to incorporate accessories into my daily wardrobe, something unexpected and colorful. Right now I’m leaning towards bandannas, OR the bold decision to bring back day gloves for women. Think 40-70s colored cotton/suede/leather/crocheted/sheer organza gloves… what if I become “that glove girl”?? Lol
olympiaitsthewater

i was at one point seduced by noah's (2017?) look book because the stuff they were peddling gave me a way to "dress like an adult" while still engaging in current trends (wide fit, ankle length chinos being the big one) which at that point had already hit critical mass for certain audiences. i actually see the whole thing as what i regretfully refer to as the mac demarco silhouette on its last leg, the final evolution of cuffed 874s and small tops rather than the reaction to something
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

foxtail_grass wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:35 pm I’d love some advice from y’all. I’d like to incorporate accessories into my daily wardrobe, something unexpected and colorful. Right now I’m leaning towards bandanas, OR the bold decision to bring back day gloves for women. Think 40-70s colored cotton/suede/leather/crocheted/sheer organza gloves… what if I become “that glove girl”?? Lol
I purchased two secondhand pieces to try and test these out...
my fave wrestler ☠☠☠

really like the length/shirring/color of these

i'm excited to try to incorporate these into fits (separately or I'll look like a cartoon villain lol)
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

my biggest 2022 L is buying black polar fleece garments with an orange cat
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

i’m ready to go find my old oakley collection and sell em for 1k on ebay each to organiclab basement dwellers
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

trends are just weaponized nostalgia
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Looking at fitpics of myself from 2014... Looking down the barrel of the weapon of nostalgia.