ramdom thought thread revival

off topic
funyuns

Re: ramdom thought thread revival

Post by funyuns »

bels wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:53 am How many old care taggers do you think have fallen off and fallen in with musky joe rogan pickle rick types. I reckon there's a couple.
i conjecture there is a strong negative correlation between the musk-rogan-shapiro-tate (MRST) involvement and pant ankle width. in one extreme you have the skirt/dress, which is antithetical to the MRST antifeminist ideology, and on the other extreme you have Balmain biker jeans which are self-explanatory
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Why is it that everyone on care tags is obsessed about the bit of the trouser that sits near the top of the shoe.

I mean it is the most critical part of a fit, but why is it that only we brave few understand its importance.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I’ve made almost no progress on pant-shoe dynamics / pool sculpting experimentation. But definitely when I see a pool that isn’t the work of a shambling businessman (or is), the care-tags cor-tex of my brain heats up.

I only have like 2 pants that I consider to pool in a way that is acceptable / isn’t strictly worse than cuffing.

Just got some 18 East pants though that might just heal me yet
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
olympiaitsthewater

Post by olympiaitsthewater »

bels wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:52 pm Why is it that everyone on care tags is obsessed about the bit of the trouser that sits near the top of the shoe.

I mean it is the most critical part of a fit, but why is it that only we brave few understand its importance.
i think we're currently in an age of pant-shoe interface anxiety bc we all know deep down that the crop and the cuff are over but we no longer remember how to pool pants and feel uncomfortable doing so. probably everyone's pants look either totally fine or better pooled but we've been conditioned/conditioned ourselves over the past however long to think it looks bad/feels bad and consequently default to the cuff or crop. it's always harrowing to separate from a dying trend that at one point made us feel cool and that we've grown accustomed to

ancient writ dictates that the best way to get jeans to interface nicely with shoes is to wear the absolute shit out of them so that the fabric near the ankle gets really worn in, soft and flexible. this will get rid of the weird flares that most jeans have when you first put em on. the pay off is huge imo. we've grown too accustomed to no break pants that look slick from minute one and forgot that cool pants are earned, not bought
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

one time odradek posted "pant-shoe interface" in irc and it took the world by storm
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

olympiaitsthewater wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:19 pm
bels wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:52 pm Why is it that everyone on care tags is obsessed about the bit of the trouser that sits near the top of the shoe.

i think we're currently in an age of pant-shoe interface anxiety bc we all know deep down that the crop and the cuff are over but we no longer remember how to pool pants and feel uncomfortable doing so. probably everyone's pants look either totally fine or better pooled but we've been conditioned/conditioned ourselves over the past however long to think it looks bad/feels bad and consequently default to the cuff or crop. it's always harrowing to separate from a dying trend that at one point made us feel cool and that we've grown accustomed to

ancient writ dictates that the best way to get jeans to interface nicely with shoes is to wear the absolute shit out of them so that the fabric near the ankle gets really worn in, soft and flexible. this will get rid of the weird flares that most jeans have when you first put em on. the pay off is huge imo. we've grown too accustomed to no break pants that look slick from minute one and forgot that cool pants are earned, not bought
i have pant-pool anxiety because i live in canada
dislikes: the bachelor
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

BucketHat-Hood Interaction Euphoria
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

A new scented candle that tunnels immediately? That's a paddlin'.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

i've tried to post a fitpic dump in practice of fitpics a few times, but get an error 500 or something

maybe this is a sign
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

eating some chocolate, it's very good. hope everyone can have some chocolate of their own

ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

installed a washlet on the toilet

took 15 minutes

i'm a plumber now

freddy

Post by freddy »

A shitpost a day takes the boredom out of the day

I need to do more with my life but at what cost

Sometimes I get lost and need to be discovered

Living in a bubble is always trouble

I feel like I’m a dialectic given the world

I still feel too cool for school

Too lazy to travel but have a lot of wanderlust

WaterBoy says h-h-h-h20 is g-g-good for you

I’m a miracle but can I also be the miracle worker
breloom

Post by breloom »

i miss yall can we go back to 2015
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

I met this cool guy on a very similar wavelength with me on musical taste/outlook on improving our local scene and it's musical output.

I ain't never been in love but we are gonna do a club night together. Such a sick dude hope he never reads this :lol:
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Going to Spain tomorrow for the first time. Anyone have recs for Malaga, Granada, or other nearby towns?
breloom

Post by breloom »

the recruiter for a job i applied for called me the day before we had our call set up saying that senior leadership had told them that they were pausing all hiring for that department. when i said that things must be going rough over there to pause hiring for a whole department, the recruiter replied "i only recruit for this department so i'm worried yeah"