Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
thewisdomoftime

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by thewisdomoftime »

More stats for mapping gorp prevalence: I took 6 trains today but only on the 2 L train rides did someone stand right in front of me in XT6s
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
cthelll

Post by cthelll »

dana lee is back
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

don't know anything about the brand but the taiga takahashi garment archive is really damn cool
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

It took me a little while to figure out what was going on there but that kicks ass.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

i still wonder how people sling their trousers when they have knee pleats. is it (while standing) with knee in the middle of the two sets? knee in line with the upper pair of pleats? knee in line with the bottom pair? something else altogether?
(we are not talking about the more unusual single pair of pleats per knee, or some other unusual arrangement in line with this)
(don't get me started on things like knee darts)

this is, i am confident, a repeat random fashion thought from the old ct
brücke

Post by brücke »

can't stop wearing realtree
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

rick owens trying to lure [@]bels[/@] out of nocop by naming a pair of shorts after him https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp0SjhlLh5-/
Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
ImFake

Post by ImFake »

Can anyone explain to me why Japanese brands are 1.5x-2x the price in the states vs. local in Japan? Tariffs, shipping???

I had my friend buy me a ton of denim and even dress shirts while he was in japan that i otherwise would not have if i bought them in the US
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Yes, and also in US sales culture, mark downs are more dramatic than in Japan.

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

ImFake

Post by ImFake »

Within the past year i've been more and more treating my clothes like shit. Meaning, im wearing them and not caring if they get ripped up, dirted, and etc. And im talking about garments that are around $100-$300 (a lot to me), not some vintage tee i have laying around. Think this is becuase I am embracing more "lived in" clothing - It's extremely liberating, and fun.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

More data on 2023 gorp: my friend Salomon wears Salomons
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
slimetime

Post by slimetime »

ImFake wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:21 am Within the past year i've been more and more treating my clothes like shit. Meaning, im wearing them and not caring if they get ripped up, dirted, and etc. And im talking about garments that are around $100-$300 (a lot to me), not some vintage tee i have laying around. Think this is becuase I am embracing more "lived in" clothing - It's extremely liberating, and fun.
have come to a similar point in my life. keeping clothes "nice" stopped lighting my fire mid-college and frankly became an impossibility when I realized I never wanted to work in an office - digging out multi-flora rose for 4 hours will sort of preclude any pants from staying in good shape. for a long time i have just leaned into dressing like my dad as a bit and wore the same carhartts, levis, old t-shirts and flannels, but the consoomer in me can't help the urge to own elegant clothes and self-actualize. without external impetus i'll probably continue to wear my garbage
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

does TEF hold up? made by gardeners (whateverhisname was on ct1.0) https://tefkit.co.uk/
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
brücke

Post by brücke »

wearing almost exclusively thrift stuff for the last however long kinda broke me for coveting nice clothes, i mostly just look for the best feeling like interesting stuff that's 100% cotton/not a disgusting blend and go from there. feels nice to not be like aww my expensive clothes ripped/got stained but also sometimes is like losing something precious when it does go, everything one of a kind. idk i've been hand sewing repairs and patching stuff too so it's been fun, nice to be tattered sometimes? working full time again but need pretty sturdy stuff for work so like non gross overdesigned workwear is kind of the dream at this point lol (wrangler riggs ripstop cargo vouch)
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

thewisdomoftime wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:01 pm More data on 2023 gorp: my friend Salomon wears Salomons
wearing the fumito ganryu salomon ultras for (what might be turning into) my annual backpacking trip to thailand, doing pretty great but they're not songkran-proof and i wish they were a touch more breathable for what is supposed to be a "spring/summer" season release
Last edited by Julio on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Nothing is songkran-proof.

funyuns

Post by funyuns »

u could get those mont bell goretex socks but theyre gonna be even less breathable