Care-Hair

off topic
freddy

Re: Care-Hair

Post by freddy »

A year and a half ago with a new stylist. I think he’s gotten better over time. No more psychotic unkempt long hair.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

kinda wanted a shaved head, but should really get something less uncanny,
so that I'm not thinking about it all the time
go to get a short haircut with short fade
guy gives me 1" remaining on top instead of 2" remaining on top
my fault though, I should've been clearer. the fade is fine.
I think I look like a pastor, or butch
thinking about it all the time
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Flow so strong I should play lacrosse

brücke

Post by brücke »

should've done this years ago i hate my patchy ass eyebrows lol
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

titkitten wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:18 pm also really wish i could find unscented shampoo because i hate how most shampoo smells of extremely artificial/sugary fruit.
titkitten wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:47 pm all yall may remember i went through a period of blonde/neon hair, when i was diy bleaching it every month. i loved bleaching my hair because when it was all damaged and fried, it had texture and volume; with a deep side part, it was a reasonable approximation of hairstyles i'd seen in seventeen magazine in 2006. looking back it seems poetic that the only way i could get it fit into my perceived white beauty standard was to damage it.
update: may gross some of you out, but i cut shampoo entirely. i rinse with only water. took a week or so for my hair to get used to it, but now it's really nice not to worry about shampooing (i can shower at the yoga studio without needing to bring shampoo, for example) and it's unearthed a whole new texture of my hair that i have never ever experienced.
dislikes: the bachelor
ParallaxisRemix

Post by ParallaxisRemix »

I could've sworn we went through the whole no-poo thing some time around 2014 and came to the conclusion it was nice in the short term for a while but eventually the gross factor became too much in the overall long-term (I do not have straight hair and never took part in this experiment lol)
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

if u go to a asian beauty parlor a lot now have a scalp diagnosis where they use a camera and look at ur scalp and hair, and suggest treatments/regimens. ur water quality, washing temperature, and ethnicity/hair texture has a lot to do with it. but tbh u could also just wash everyday and do hair serum/hair mask after like in asia
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

I know the no-poo thing was popular in 2014, one of my friends tried the whole baking soda / apple cider vinegar regime. It didn't work out for her and she had to abandon it a few months in. (primarily why i was hesitant to try myself for so long.)

I think funyuns is right, it probably depends on a lot of factors, including genetics etc. I tend to be really dry anyway, so I don't produce much oil at all anywhere. Combined with the fact that I think I have bad circulation, which means I'm cold all the time, so I basically never sweat -- even in 38C hot yoga. (Sorry if it's too graphic lol.) I think that's why my hair got used to no shampoo so quickly. Before I cut it, I was already shampooing only once a week. I guess I will just count myself lucky on this one.
dislikes: the bachelor
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

pretty much never shampoo, hair regulates just fine. condition it daily (i work out, sweaty, like every day)

never had any complaints?
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~