Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
youngcanoeist2

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by youngcanoeist2 »

https://www.blackbirdspyplane.com/p/dan ... das-collab

cool quick interview with dana lee, excited for the selvedge but even more hopeful she'll make those black jeans
cthelll

Post by cthelll »

cthelll wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:39 amThe world moves on but my idea of what's cool is crystallized in the exact year i started reading fashion forums

Found a grailed account today selling geller, public school, surface 2 air, band of outsiders pieces in lots of 4

they're really selling this stuff as bulk now 😭
rubymtn

Post by rubymtn »

Julio wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:46 am
rubymtn wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:05 pm [...] And nowadays all I want is for nonnative to make looser pants.
as someone who has been enjoying more trim trousers again over the past few years, i beg to differ. however, nonnative have some fits that sit more regular: ploughman pants, dweller 5p jean 03, and the recent rancher trousers come to mind. granted, these are probably regular/slightly slim in the grand scheme of 2023 pants fits, but i appreciate that nonnative has kept the tailored, comfortable closeness consistent despite whatever directions trends go in. i also don't think i've owned more comfortable skinny pants, something about the proportions and pocket openings of the nonnative ones is just perfect to me.

also, all of their flared pants are excellent. i have a 2013 dweller ankle flare pair that i love. recent ones have longer inseams.
Ended up buying some boring ole salomons, the pulsar trail pros in white. For actual running, but I still like the look despite the salomon backlash already being here. I really like the way lantiki styles the speedcross. And I agree—nordas look good, but I am so wary of the more outwardly "stylish" technical brands and how they actually perform. I am not amazed with my shoes, but i am happy with them. And i'll probably sharpy the logo to "no malas" anyway.

wrt to nonnative—I have always really admired the construction of their stuff. never owned, but i've felt and turned inside-out some of their jackets and have always been really impressed. my immediate future cops will probably be some nonnative, a motivmfg coat, some olde homesteader. my pants *do* fit a little "american contemporary" for it now, but i'm happy to be settled into the "followed /r/japanesestreetwear in the mid-2010s" look I love
Mojave
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

rubymtn wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:40 am
Julio wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:46 am
rubymtn wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:05 pm [...] And nowadays all I want is for nonnative to make looser pants.
[...]
Ended up buying some boring ole salomons, the pulsar trail pros in white. For actual running, but I still like the look despite the salomon backlash already being here. I really like the way lantiki styles the speedcross. And I agree—nordas look good, but I am so wary of the more outwardly "stylish" technical brands and how they actually perform. I am not amazed with my shoes, but i am happy with them. And i'll probably sharpy the logo to "no malas" anyway.

wrt to nonnative—I have always really admired the construction of their stuff. never owned, but i've felt and turned inside-out some of their jackets and have always been really impressed. my immediate future cops will probably be some nonnative, a motivmfg coat, some olde homesteader. my pants *do* fit a little "american contemporary" for it now, but i'm happy to be settled into the "followed /r/japanesestreetwear in the mid-2010s" look I love
i'm very happy with my ganryu salomon ultras, pretty much my rainy weather beaters now. i've got a friend who swears by nordas for both actual running and general use, but i've been leery to spend on them personally. maybe because i don't run so much nowadays?

back to nonnative, i agree on the construction! i have two jackets from them aside from a few shirts and trousers, one of the jackets sees so much use it borderline feels like the rest of my closet struggles to keep up. as for pants, i realize the cotton weather overdyed trooper pants are also firmly in that regular straight cargo category, but they're a little straightforward imo. i still feel stuck in that 2011-15 era of things, and i'm alright with that
olympiaitsthewater

Post by olympiaitsthewater »

if i'm a US L am I still a sz 4 in UC tops?

also unrelated but i a dug a supreme ocdb from ~2012 out of my closet and it reminded me how different shirting was back then (super slim, tiny collar) but also I love and cherish it and am glad I never sold it
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Just discovering Elena Velez and I couldn't be prouder of someone from Milwaukee
her worldbuilding rules
ramdomthought

Post by ramdomthought »

Warning you with ✌ and love

Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October!
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I think it’s cool the theory of fitpics thread has 1/3 of the waywt thread’s page count. I didn’t know we had that in us.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
brücke

Post by brücke »

sambas getting in next week we're back
thewisdomoftime

I could use some data right now .. what's the highest number of hooded sweatshirts you've ever had in rotation (I understand you might be guessing)
thewisdomoftime

participants: thanks for the data, it was huge.
discussion: some of us are treating hoodies like tee shirts but many of us aren't. I wish to note, anecdotally, that I don't wear any crewneck sweatshirts.
acknowledgments: it is believed that the first guy to wear a hoodie to a business casual office must've gone hard and been built different
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

Please post your hoodie collections in the "variations on a theme" thread

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

deeply enjoying how it feels to wear nonnative, occasionally thinking of selling a lot of my other clothes to get more
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

found my first ever pair of uniqlo jeans from mid 2000s when they used to label them t-000 n stuff
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

what do you call that korean kiko kostadinov derivative patterning style? koreacore?
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

also domestic chinese brands are killing it rn if u can buy off taobao. some really cool shit going on
thewisdomoftime

Anyone have thoughts to share on their relationship with instagram ads? And how strong (dare I say good?) their algorithm is? They have a pretty strong read on me, I was wondering the other day exactly how concretely the algo knows I'm gonna click anything patchworky, or if my memory is self-selecting by only storing the times that I'm showed something patchworky. I clicked a banana republic ad the other day because they have made a patchwork jacket.

Are they in my head? Is patchwork just what's in?