Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
soj

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by soj »

what are some cool facial hair styles, care tags ? i've always rocked a miniature stubble (cool and aloof) but the depp dior sauvage ads i see at the bus shelters got me growing out the goatee and i think it looks pretty slick, but now i've noticed that every other early twenties dude (particularly the tracksuit football euro boys) are also rockin it so now i'm unsure. any forward-thinking facial hair ideas ?
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

I don't have actual facial hair recommendations (genes stay boxing me out of that game) but I will say mustaches and salomon xt-6s and xt-wings2 are all in late metropolitan actualization, where they're things that you really do see around, and people like having, but you won't see discussed as something that's cool (or hot?). (indie rock has been in this space for about 12 years)
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
thewisdomoftime

went ahead and added some shrunken down images of donald duck to the options I recommend from a chart of facial hair styles

also not in the chart but you don't see a lot of people rocking the scott ian even though there's a lot of potential there
again not speaking from experience but I believe this is a kisser's beard (doesn't get in the way while kissing)
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

thewisdomoftime wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm Anyone have thoughts to share on their relationship with instagram ads? And how strong (dare I say good?) their algorithm is? They have a pretty strong read on me, I was wondering the other day exactly how concretely the algo knows I'm gonna click anything patchworky, or if my memory is self-selecting by only storing the times that I'm showed something patchworky. I clicked a banana republic ad the other day because they have made a patchwork jacket.

Are they in my head? Is patchwork just what's in?
dislikes: the bachelor
skunk ape
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by skunk ape »

I definitely juke the instagram ads if there's something i want to buy, just to see what they'll show me. It's 99% shit but I have bought protein!

Put this in your signature if you like to post with friends: https://i.imgur.com/GUPLGPw.png

Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

thewisdomoftime wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm Anyone have thoughts to share on their relationship with instagram ads? And how strong (dare I say good?) their algorithm is? They have a pretty strong read on me, I was wondering the other day exactly how concretely the algo knows I'm gonna click anything patchworky, or if my memory is self-selecting by only storing the times that I'm showed something patchworky. I clicked a banana republic ad the other day because they have made a patchwork jacket.

majority of the time i manage to dodge the ads or feel like they're not quite hitting right

but just a day or two ago i got a targeted ad for the nanamica x puma gore-tex clydes and now i feel attacked
brücke

Post by brücke »

got a sewing machine recently and i feel like a new person entirely dream is now to be the subject of a thrifting alteration callout post
rjbman
Site Admin

Post by rjbman »

thewisdomoftime wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:50 pm went ahead and added some shrunken down images of donald duck to the options I recommend from a chart of facial hair styles
where do we stand on standard mustache + stubble?
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
thewisdomoftime

Why is it true that your shoes being lighter than your pants makes you look taller? kinda wish it was less true
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by foxtail_grass »

Always curious to know- what percentage of your closet do you consistently wear?

Trying to close the gaps and get close to 90% (plus a few special occasion outfits).
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

Very low % Maybe 10-20% but then in 3 months it'll be a different 10-20% so I dunno.

The idea of only wearing Out There Jawnz is appealing but doesn't always fit my l i f e s t y l e
brücke

Post by brücke »

if i can't wear it for work i tend not to wear it that often (so sturdy-ish pants, tops, shoes), but i tend to have like a few pairs of pants that float to the top of the rotation, some shirts that work better for a while, etc. mostly i dress to the weather so it really depends on how that's been lately. started running again so there's another area that'll see some use finally lol but all in all i'd say like 60% ? fluctuates i need to get rid of some jeans
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

rjbman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:57 pm
thewisdomoftime wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:50 pm went ahead and added some shrunken down images of donald duck to the options I recommend from a chart of facial hair styles
where do we stand on standard mustache + stubble?
You can't do that because that's my move. Anyway, I think with all types of hair you can't go off the trends too strongly. It's too personal to leave it up to contemporary semiotics. Grow a full beard then shave a different part of it off each day to experiment with what works for you.

You may need to stop your hair growing to avoid hair length confounding the results.
thewisdomoftime

rjbman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:57 pm where do we stand on standard mustache + stubble?
I think within density ranges, this isn't even facial hair
it is obviously less facial hair than the progress shave (stubble shave w/ thin mustache protected) necessary to get there,
and subtly it is less facial hair than being cleanshaven

EDIT: I apologize.
Last edited by thewisdomoftime on Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

funyuns wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:07 pm also domestic chinese brands are killing it rn if u can buy off taobao. some really cool shit going on
dam okay ya got some requests just look up 國潮 and u’ll find some stuff. popular ones r like
roaringwild
sankuanz
attempt
coc cube
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

if u linked ur instagram to facebook and used facebook to log into anything they probably have a super strong profile on ur consumer habits
especially for social networks who u follow, who follows u, who u follows following, etc have a very strong weight in creating ur profile. human relations networks are pretty clustered (i.e. u have an in-group, with minimal connections to any other out-group). so this basically means if they identify ur “tribe” u’ll probably get ads targeted more to ur “tribes,” which seem particularly targeted cuz u share tastes with ur friends/followings
funyuns

Post by funyuns »

we dont have a makeuo thread but i just wanna say unleashia brow gel is like a better version of boy brow, way cheaper too