The Upsetter

clothes
foxtail_grass
First Prestige
First Prestige

The Upsetter

Post by foxtail_grass »

Share what has become an unlikely star in your closet.

Mine: A gray flannel/faux fur trapper hat I've had for at least 4 years. I have no idea where it came from; pretty sure it belonged to a family member who no longer wanted it. I wear it every single day in the winter. Somehow works with everything AND keeps my neck/ears toasty. Just repaired some of its buttons. (It has mini fur flaps above the ear flaps that can be worn up or down). S-tier hat!!

rjbman
Site Admin

Re: The Upsetter

Post by rjbman »

def the gramicci pants i talked about in the pants thread - got them as a care share gift & they are one of my fave pants to wear to basically anything, they're indestructible
~*~ cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort ~*~
brücke

Post by brücke »

black adidas 6 panel w a white trefoil that i found in the literal gutter a few years ago, wear it at work pretty much every day. has a seersucker lining on the two like forehead panels that keeps it so comfy, love it !
_Organism

Post by _Organism »

I am basically constantly wearing my tom sachs nikes that I bought because I asked the guy if he had my size and then felt too awkward to say I didn't actually want them.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

in a feat of insanity, and out of my longtime desire to find sneakerboots that I actually like, I bought New Balance Rainiers in a beef & broccoli colorway at the same time as I got salomon XT Quest 2s. Both were on double-sale thru Packer (the NJ boutique), like 30% off an already 30-40% off price, so like $40 each.

I was struck by the Rainiers being insanely thin and lightweight, in every material in the upper but also in the super pliable EVA sole. Opposite is true of the Salomons: so much rubber in the sole and almost no give. Lo and behold, cheap thin shoes are comfortable out the box and easy to lift off the ground 10000 times per day, pentuple-density rainboots aren't. Also, the Salomons' sole lugs are totally overkill for a city, and don't grip ladder very well (I'm an engineer and really frequently on roofs or looking above acoustic ceiling tiles or crawling around in building crawl spaces).

I guess this is just the old-fashioned "I love my beaters" phenomenon, but yeah the NBs have been perfect for the exact same reason that would've raised a flag if I tried them on in-store.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

It's dead now but I never expected the yak blend muji black crewneck I bought to become completely indispensible. I am in mourning for its loss. The replacement made in scotland 6876 shetland blah blah jumper just isn't as good.
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

this our legacy tech cardigan i bought secondhand a while back. perfect overshirt/jacket hybrid that i imagine will also work great under other heavier garments (when i eventually find myself somewhere cold enough). fabric is firm and almost nylon-like but is pure cotton; dries quickly and doesn't wrinkle like a nylon might. fits great and i love the sungrip (i think?) plastic snaps. only thing missing is bartacks on the pockets, but everything else about it is so great so it's fine. if i don't want to think but need an extra layer in my bag, it's likely this.
youngcanoeist2

Post by youngcanoeist2 »

I talk too much about Dana Lee but definitely her Dad Jeans:
https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/ ... pg.345478/

I felt compelled to get them several years ago but I wasn't comfortable with a wider leg until that started getting popular a couple years ago. Now they're easily my favorite pair of pants. So soft, the fabric hangs incredibly as do all her pieces, and somehow nails that 90s dad feeling with a perfect mid-blue wash. Imo the execution of the concept is 10/10.

Funnily enough that picture I grabbed from google was posted by solargarden.
olympiaitsthewater

Post by olympiaitsthewater »

those BB poplin Friday shirts. i like how they get crumpled up and look like shit at the end of the day. quite possibly the only not shit thing that bb makes