a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby stoogesjacket » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

helloj! my name is Tyler and I decided to join because forums are one of the last places on the internet where it feels like you can actually share information with a lot of people and my friends are tired of me telling them about textiles. I'm a junior in college currently studying this year in Kyoto and although I'm primarily an art student in my free time I take lessons with a kimono tailor and think that one day I could become a pattern maker or tailor in Japan. other than a big clothing nerd I'm a big contemporary art nerd and a rym user (Japanese records are becoming my speciality).

at this point since I went to college I've been buying my clothes pretty exclusively secondhand from Japan, and started by chasing after comme des garcons and raf simons and now look a lot at helmut lang rick owens and yohji (and really old CdG Homme). I also have a real soft spot for denim and how it fades, and dream of one day owning a collection of biker jackets. right now I just have a huge collection of sweaters that I plan to post in the collections thread.

I look forward to posting, lord knows I've spent enough time going through the archives of this forum.

stoogesjacket

Postby resnaisresnais » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

hello i'm ian 21 and brazilian. i've known this forum since its inception but never bothered with it until now, i feel like returning to fashion forums and here seems like the only one that's worth visiting these days, the most wholesome at least. i used to visit sufu (rip) everyday some 5-6 years ago. i like cinema, painting, art history books and french culture. i love jil sander and my uniform is a blank weighty tee, black skinny trousers and black vans or adidas. if theres another brazilian here hmu lol

resnaisresnais

Postby makaveli » Sun May 27, 2018 12:01 am

Hey, my name is makaveli, and that's real as hell, I'm an architecture major at a state college in a city, and I like clothes I guess, I've been a brokeboi for awhile and am too young to remember sufu, but I feel like this is a better home for discussion and new ideas stylistically moving forward. I spent a lot of time on the HB Forums growing up so this will be nice to be in a new forum environment.
I deal mostly with hype growing in streetwear and rap, but have moved towards more tech and artisan garments since I started collegeeeee. anyway that's me let's argue about hip hop

makaveli

Postby jpag » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Hey friends, I made an account a while back and forgot about it. Nice to look back and see this is still the most kind place on the internet. I finally have a bit of money so I'm trying to realize my fashion goals.

I lurk too much so and I'm trying to post more (lol). I do music and politics stuff the rest of the time.

jpag

Previous

Return to Care