What Dreams Did Come

Off topic

Re: What Dreams Did Come

Postby brlmski » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 am

i had a dream where my family was packing up to run away from some apocalyptic event/raider and the person who was transporting us told me to just pack snacks.

brlmski

Postby iralanwitnuk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Dreamt I was the diaper-wearing protagonist of a feel-good movie where I traveled around the world with an anthropomorphic two-headed tiger who was wanted by some international police force. He got caught and tried to escape a court hearing and we ended up being cornered in a bathroom. Ended up beating up the security guards who all resembled my friends, escaping to have another adventure.

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby rjbman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 am

dreamed i was out with a group of people for a meetup (sorry don't remember who). but then we walked by an atmospheric sciences museum. everyone else stayed outside looking at some giant info boards, but i had to use the bathroom so headed inside.

inside there was a ton of crazy gadgets, starting with normal crazy gadgets like VR goggles you put on to look at constellations drawn out for you (which for some reason had headphones built in, but then there were dedicated over ear headphones anyways?), and slowly moving on to more crazy crazy gadgets. there were robots driving around on wheels, seamlessly dodging around any obstacles in their way. except one of them ran over a pair of sunglasses that i negligently left on the ground, so i picked up the two parts and threw them away. also i swore i saw something that said "in collaboration with STORY MFG" on it. still have not found a bathroom yet.

there was a really great photo opportunity where sunlight streamed in into a kitchen area, with the walls painted vivid red and blue, but while i struggled with my phone to get it into camera mode the light shifted. I looked further into the room to see if it was coming back and whether there was another photo chance, and instead found a group of children around a teacher. i left them. still no bathroom.

once outside I go to see if i can find that STORY MFG collaboration sign and see just what the hell bobbin and katy have been doing with an atmospheric museum. all the stuff has been moved around though, and the tables are now mostly clear of the gadgets. I find an box on a table and start tearing it open for some reason. well, I wanted to find the story stuff, but I don't know why i decided the best route was opening a random box. inside were a bunch of clothes of all kinds: boxers, tees, and sure enough, a shore shirt. there were also lightbulbs and some random knickknacks in it.

while i've got all this stuff strewn about on this table, a group of people walk by and stop to stare at me in shock. it's the owner of the museum showing potential investors / donators (its economic plan was not a factor in my dream, okay?) the museum. he questions me about why i opened this when. "to see what is inside," i tell him. at which point he points to the side of the box, which helpfully details the whole list of contents. jfc. he then proceeds to point to the wall across from it, which was not present in my dream previously, and has an entire wall of black glass or stone, really shiny, with the contents etched in detail, the purpose of each object in the kit spelled out. there's also a huge picture of a man with longer curly light brown hair dancing in the rain, wearing a shore shirt and green fatigue pants cuffed high.

what a fantastic dream (smiling)

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 am

Dreamt someone tried to steal my acronym jacket whilst I was in the bathroom at work. I chased him down and it was some punk ass student from the university. I felt bad about ruining his life but spent the rest of the dream doggedly trying to find the police so they could arrest him because I wanted to press full charges

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

have you heard that one way to interpret dreams is to realize that everyone in your dreams is you

Image Image Image
jrisk

Postby Spaceman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

I had a dream where I was trying to remember the formula for surface area of a sphere but couldn't and then I tried to calculate it from integrals but then couldn't remember the integrating factors of spherical coordinates, I got very frustrated then I woke up. I realized I had a nerd nightmare and felt very strange about myself.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I've been having really insane, vivid dreams the past couple months. I used to be one of those people that very rarely remembered them (maybe 1-2 a year) but now even if I just take a nap I have these dreams that feel so real in the moment that sometimes I'm not sure if they were dreams or memories. Always conflict driven, but never physical. Just stressful social/family situations. Sometimes I'll move my tongue across my teeth and find a loose one. I'm meeting people for the first time that are weird approximations of people I sort of know in real life, but are much different in the dreams (physically/personality wise). I'm not totally sure where this is coming from, but I feel like it's partially existential panic since my life is in sort of a layover period right now, and partially from going from smoking tons of oui'd daily to maybe once every two weeks since I graduated. Shit's weird.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: clearbrowgel.tumblr.com
hharrissonn

Postby windowflowers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

had a dream last night where I met hitler and gifted him a vegetarian cookbook with a pun in the title. something with the word "fry," I can't quite remember. it was supposed to be a way of getting him into cooking instead of dictatorship I think

windowflowers

Postby iralanwitnuk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:35 am

Dreamt I went to the dentists office and one of the hygienists took me outside and we went on a date (before my appointment).. He toOK me to the old theater to see White Christmas, and at some point an animation flooded my vision that said "WHOOOOSH" in green 3D lettering with dollar signs scattered around.

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby bels » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 am

Dreamt that I bought the Adidas Kolor hoodie with the ridiculous dragons embroidered onto it but when it arrived it didn't have any dragons and I wasn't sure how to feel.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Dreamt I was competing in a bake-off with other young hopefuls to enter a prestigious culinary school. The dish was an incredibly complex cake based on pork that had to be roasted in the oven until it melted into liquid then congealed. With 20 minutes left on the clock and my pork not even done yet, I was frantic to get everything together.

Then I realized it was a dream and felt probably the keenest sense of disappointment I had ever felt. I think I just waited out the rest of the time.

Bonobonobo

Postby alby » Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am

dreamt a half-baked line of code that, in my slumber, I knew would fix the problems I had been having lately. i woke up and couldn't remember it and still can't solve my problem

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby bels » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Dreamt I was watching a runway show where Raf Simons was modelling his latest pair of jeans. A disembodied voice told me they were 'Alright, but will never be as good as the Petite Standards he designed for Raf Simons 1995'

bels
Yung Winona

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

had a dream where i was jamming with king krule and he had 4 arms so he was playing guitar and keys at the same time no sweat

then we had turmeric banana mango smoothies together after

and he was also wearing a full auralee fit for some reason but it was sick

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby INNIT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

actual dreams i've had:

-walk into an exam for a class i haven't attended all year; i call my prof a square and do not care about failing
-michel foucault is my best friend, i tell him that people in academia no longer like him, or only like his later works. he doesnt care. we snort cocaine
-land a sick publishing internship, company dissolves day 1 because no one buy books
-become addicted to neocitron cold and flu as it is the only thing that makes me fall asleep. SO becomes very concerned
-become best friends with my graduate supervisor; she takes to me to spain and has a very welcoming family

INNIT

Previous

Return to Care