Ramdom fashion thoughts

clothes
AARON

Re: Ramdom fashion thoughts

Post by AARON »

the 'game' is beyond fucked up at this point; however i do believe more stock would help alleviate issues, ie see concord + playoff 11 resale prices pre covid/last dance (i subscribe to the Russ Bengston idea that iconic jordan 1s, 3s, 11s, dunks etc should be as widely available as regular air force 1s)

but it seems like these days nike likes to feed the social media frenzy with the "got em / didn't get em" photos etc

anyway yes i am salty i haven't been able to get a single pair of dunk highs lol
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

AARON wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:18 am the 'game' is beyond fucked up at this point; however i do believe more stock would help alleviate issues, ie see concord + playoff 11 resale prices pre covid/last dance (i subscribe to the Russ Bengston idea that iconic jordan 1s, 3s, 11s, dunks etc should be as widely available as regular air force 1s)

but it seems like these days nike likes to feed the social media frenzy with the "got em / didn't get em" photos etc

anyway yes i am salty i haven't been able to get a single pair of dunk highs lol
dunks honestly hit oversaturation pretty quick imo.
maybe i'm just irked at how it's almost impossible to find a pair for below $200 nowadays, last i checked $250 was the usual out here (fits into the resale conversation pretty well i fathom) and it really does feel like this era's roshe run or something.
also, strong testament to a sort of ten-year cycle i think.

+ i wouldn't miss dunk highs at all if i had a new pair of carnivores L O L

i've been contemplating these, but i suspect buying will be more hassle than i'd like to deal with & OG colorways still superior methinks
pips

Post by pips »

why do i even bother looking at clothes to buy when i only ever leave my apartment for groceries.

is there even a point to dressing up for my enjoyment when all i do is lay on my bed the entire day.
Julio
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by Julio »

walks

Post by walks »

starfox64 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:28 pm I was annoyed that Nike didn't seem to be able to deal with the problem by implementing, for example, captcha checks on their websites. But after reading about the lengths that re-sellers are going to (and the amount of money they're willing to put into this), I don't know how Nike can solve this problem other than just producing more sneakers. And even then, if everything is getting snatched up by bots, would it make a difference?
Do you think nike would want to deal with the problem even if it could though? I'm sure beaverton is stoked about how fucked the resale market is.
brücke

Post by brücke »

one of the track coaches from my HS would drive to the nike outlets to resell on ebay, had some whole scheme cooked up with transferring credit card balances or something, grind never stops lmao
AARON

Post by AARON »

the cdg carnivores reminded me of these, best foams in a while
maj
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by maj »

i would simply wear solely general release shoes and stop participating in a game i found morally and ethically corrupt (smiling)
thank you for the honour of being first to 100 reps (NoWAWT%), would like to thank everyone who repped me
_Organism

Post by _Organism »

Spoiler:
Perhaps n*ke could make you prove you're "for the culture" like my local skateshop does (in case anyone is curious, it was Bob Dylan and Tom Petty opening at the Rubber Bowl)
Last edited by _Organism on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewisdomoftime

Post by thewisdomoftime »

specificity and global supply chains are not the easiest things to fit together

I think it's wild that nike still has any cool whatsoever, you know, as one of the least specific entities on earth
even amazon tries to actually invest their brand with something magic, in the form of the overzealous customer service; not that this is good, or that it should be written over subjugating their employees in all senses and at all levels, but it seems it should be a necessary part of adhering a colossal enterprise

I also think it's very indicative that part of the depth culture of certain cities is that types of footwear will become invested with local meaning, without actually investing the shoe brand. An obvious example - for anyone that this sounds alien to - is the way Timberlands are still treated as the NY shoe in such a rich way that even the 30 years of cultural diffusion through major label hip-hop has been able to erode. But - if you check a niketalk regional forum, or watch a lot of Full Size Run - you start running into suggestions like that the NB 990 is a DMV shoe or (this one hip-hop let out of the bag too) that Wallabees are a bed-stuy thing. I like that people kinda ... are wise enough to withhold their loyalty through these things. That feels right.
'I feel like I'm a messenger .. sent here by someone .. my mom, probably.'
p3rn

Post by p3rn »

I think the only way to quit the game is to begin another [furniture game]
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

first you had to wait in a line for the privilege to buy something now you have to do homework for the privilege of buying something.
I will never put my sword down
Trench Witch

Post by Trench Witch »

glad brands are starting to ask me if I can name 3 songs by the band on my t shirt
I will never put my sword down
titkitten

Post by titkitten »

p3rn wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:35 pm I think the only way to quit the game is to begin another [furniture game]
i thought we were now all chasing the non-material self-actualisation game
dislikes: the bachelor
bels
First Prestige
First Prestige

Post by bels »

The only way to quit the game is to start thinking about how you'd like to be able to afford private medical procedures in the future.
frannyglass

Post by frannyglass »

do we still talk about runway shows here.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fal ... undercover

actually love the eva stuff lmao
i'm svvagged out.. based.
alex

Post by alex »

Currently writing a paper on what historians consider to be the first fashion blogger and I gotta say. My man Matthäus Schwarz did bring the steeze

I relate to his struggle of knowing exactly where to put one hand when posing, but having no idea for the other one.